Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Just Call Me Plumber Jane

LaborDay1


We spent our Labor Day weekend laboring. Or working, rather. Because when I type "laboring" I think about being pregnant and quite frankly the thought of having another child of my own scares the bejeezus out of me.

We decided to spend our holiday weekend working in order to get a few neglected items fixed before my husband's brothers move in with us later this week. I'm still not sure if I should believe that they are definitely moving in...I mean, you never know with these two guys or anyone else to that matter, but they are a great reason to get new doors on bedrooms and a long neglected toilet unclogged.

But that's when the real drama began--as soon as my husband took the clogged toilet and set it on the front yard lawn.

LaborDay2


It seems like there is an endless list of things to fix in our home thanks to the kids. This is the downside to being a homeowner. And to having kids.

The number one thing we have issues with? The commode. Whether it's our boys flushing hippie buses down the toilet or just too much fiber in their diet for the last two years at least one of our toilets has been off-limits at all times here. For the last six months it's been the guest bathroom. The culprit? An outdoor faucet splitter jammed deep inside the porcelain god's plumbing. I'm thinking we should do as that one commercial goes and buy a Kohler.



So my husband went at it with plungers, a water hose, a wooden stick, and lots and lots of cussing. After two hours of it, I finally had enough. I braved the poop trap and stuck my double jointed hand and fingers deep inside and retrieved the splitter in about fifteen seconds. Friends, I saved the day. Oh and anyone else from having to hear my husband have a temper tantrum on our front lawn.

You see, there really is a good thing about female plumbers: skinny hands. And no plumber's crack.

PS: Winner of The Rusted Chain give away has been selected by Random.org and has been contacted! As always, that person has three days to contact me or another winner will be chosen. Thank you to all who entered the give away--y'all made my day!

Screwed Up Texan Recipes

Want to go wash your hands now, guest post, advertise or tell me I'm stupid? Email Me!

0 Comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin