Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wednesday Rambles: Kittles Cat Lady

Vikki Kittles


First off, I was listening to my Pandora online radio and the song "Rambling Man" came on...I immediately thought of Wednesday Rambles. Thank you Crazy Texas Mommy, after all she is the one that came up with this theme. Oh and I am totally putting up Linky Tools on my blog so if you want to join in with some Wednesday Rambles of your own, then go right on ahead and add your post here. Be sure to check out the Rambling Woman, Crazy Texas Mommy too!

  • Last week I was complaining that I have never received a jury summons before because the previous owner of my home was getting them all.
  • Yesterday I checked my mailbox and guess what was in there.
  • Like a reader, Jamie, on Screwed Up Texan Facebook Page said: I really hope it's something juicy.
  • But first I guess I gotta get picked. Think they'll let me do my own court drawings from the jury box?
  • Trying to sell stuff on eBay will make you poor real quick. Maybe I should try selling used underwear instead.
  • I'm pretty sure that is totally and absolutely against eBay TOS.
  • My husband just informed me his dad got picked as a juror in Oregon for a Cat Lady crime. Well actually over a hundred dogs, cats, and chickens all living in a bus.
  • He says to google "Kittles Cat Oregon."
  • Oh Em Gee. That is NASTY.
  • Yes, nastier than used underwear!
  • Then she moved to Carbon County, Wyoming where we used to live.
  • And I thought my grandmother and her twelve cats in her trailer were bad.
  • I'm still ripely pissed at my son for busting a hole in an upstairs window. However, now he knows how to load and unload the dishwasher really well.
  • He's only seven.
  • I think we're working on the toilet next month.
  • Oh and what is appropriate jury summons attire? Any tips for getting picked?

PS: Don't forget to enter Borden and Elsie the Cow's Give Away going on right now on Screwed Up Texan. Ends Friday the 13th August 2010 at 9PM. It's Udderly Awesome.

Now link up if you wrote a Wednesday Rambles post! Linky Tools is staying up until Friday the 13th at 11:59 PM since we know sometimes Crazy Texas Mommy is totally late posting.




Screwed Up Texan Recipes
Want to send a cat lady to prison, guest post, advertise or tell me I'm stupid? Email Me!

9 Comments:

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

Oh my.

Yes, 7 yos are totally capable of dishwasher chores as long as you aren't too picky about how the dishes are loaded or where they are put away. One of my favorite punishment chores? Washing all the baseboards in the house. Kids are just the right size for that.

The Boob Nazi said...

I can't read the article right now, but "kittles"? Is that like "skittles"?

Stacie said...

I was a juror a few years ago. We all sat around for a few hours, then I just lucked out that my number was called to be "interviewed" by the attorneys and I had all the right answers.

It. Was. Awesome.

Even more awesome: I was the alternate. All the juicy facts of the case and no deliberating!

K. Erickson said...

The first key to selection as a juror is the seating chart during juror selection as the first 6 or 12 eligible jurors which have not been stricken for cause or peremptorily (sp?) stricken by counsel from the pool are put on the panel. Lower numbers have a higher chance of being selected. Higher numbers...not so much unless the attorneys are being extremely contentious with selection.

The second key to being selected is being as quiet as possible during voir dire questioning. The more opinions you give; the more likely it is that one or both of the attorneys will not want you on the jury. Keep the opinions you are asked to give as middle of the road as possible. No extremes. Extreme opinions get people stricken for cause.

Dress comfortably but nicely. Somewhere between date night and church attire. You don't want to stand out from the crowd.

Hope this helps.

Foursons said...

Repeatedly tell them that you believe in the death penalty. :) Or maybe not....

Screwed Up Texan said...

Mindee, I remember my mother making us kids do that! Explains why I may have had my kid do the same, lol.

Boob, yes, Kittles like Skittles.

Stacie, either way I want to hear the juicy details! Fun!

K Erickson, oh thank you!

Foursons, ha!

NitWit1 said...

Does the dishwasher chore work on husband's, but then I might be exiled to deliver the garbage to the street.

Candance said...

The cat lady looks like Roseanne.

Screwed Up Texan said...

Candance, OMGee!!! You are so right!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin