Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Red Robin Treated Crazy Texas Mommy and Me - God Bless America!

CTM God Bless America


Yesterday I had the opportunity to taste Red Robin's newest gourmet burger created by 11 year old Emma Potts--the Spicy Honey Glazed Bacon Burger which will be available in all Red Robins from today, August 3, through September 12th 2010.

Emma Potts


But before I took Red Robin up on their offer to try their newest addition to their menu, I had to find someone to go with me...after all, I had given my husband two weeks to find a babysitter, but when he waited to the last minute I knew I had to find someone else.

His loss.

So I called up Candance of Crazy Texas Mommy for some real screwed up Texan fun. You know it's going to get interesting when both a screwed up Texan and a crazy Texan get together for a little fun.

If you've ever read Crazy Texas Mommy's blog, you know she says it like it is with just the right Southern charm. She says what you're thinking, but your thought filter prevents from leaving your lips. She's no different in real life. And that made for a very fun and humorous dinner.

I pulled up into the Red Robin and immediately I got a text: "Hey, are you here yet?"

Me: "I just pulled up."

CTM: "Is that you in that Ford minivan?"

That girl is on top of her stuff!

Thank goodness I didn't feel nervous about meeting that crazy woman.

We talked about everything from men to relationships to Crazy Texas Mommy feeling stabby. I had stories about a meth addicted family member who thought Democrats were out to kill him. She talked about getting tats and scaring rowdy students. Crazy Texas Mommy remarked, "God bless America!" enough times that I thought I would die laughing, and especially when I asked the waiter if I could steal the Red Robin seasoned salt. I mean, who else besides me asks to steal something? So he bought it for me. I think the best conversation we had was with our waiter.

Crazy Texas Mommy and Jonh

Crap! It looks like CTM has a black eye! But I'm too lazy to go back and fix.


When Candance told him all about her disgruntled ex who stole her shoes and purses in a childish temper tantrum this waiter immediately got worked up like the rest of us about that dude's actions. I'm telling you, Jonh was the best waiter I have ever had. Even if I'm darned sure someone spelled his name wrong. And if it was his momma, well bless her heart. Then when he asked what Crazy Texas Mommy's ex's name was, Candance told him, and the waiter about crapped his pants. His first step-father shares the same last name we found out, and for the area we live in was just way too weird for words.

But our fun didn't end at the Red Robin. We got photos taken with Lady Liberty while a pair of firefighters checked us out from a distance and then we made our way to a department store for snooty women. I only call it a department store for snooty women because A.) it was not a Walmart or Target; B.) the chick who checked me out wouldn't take my email address so I could get coupons, then immediately asked Crazy Texas Mommy for hers. Not that CTM is snooty, it's just that the lady behind that counter pissed me off like something unreal. But we're going back soon. Which basically means I need to transfer some Paypal money to my checking account because my husband was whiny when he found out I spent $14.50 on a cocktail ring.

Crazy Texas Mommy talked me into it though. Oh, and the ring cost $18, so there.

Be sure to check out the Spicy Honey Glazed Bacon Burger created by 11 year old Emma Potts at a Red Robin near you from August 3rd 2010 to September 12th, 2010. Fifty cents of each Spicy Honey Glazed Bacon Burger sold will be donated to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children® (NCMEC). Since 2006, Red Robin has donated more than $310,000 to NCMEC through its Kids’ Cook-Off and other programs.

Red Robin’s 5th annual Kids’ Cook-Off call for entries also kicks off on Aug. 3. Kids ages six to 12 are encouraged to create and submit their gourmet burger recipe entries online at www.RedRobinKidsCookOff.com between Aug. 3 and Sept. 12, 2010, for the chance to be named the next Kids’ Cook-Off grand-prize winner. 10 semi-finalists will receive a trip to Colorado for the Championship with an accompanying parent or guardian, a $75 Red Robin gift card, a $100 VISA gift card, and an iPod nano. The grand-prize winner’s gourmet burger will be featured in every participating U.S. Red Robin® restaurant and will also receive a family vacation to Universal Orlando® Resort and Red Robin gift cards for a year  (12 $30 gift cards).

To download the “Red Robin Kids’ Cook-Off” Cookbook and submit a recipe for the 5th annual Kids’ Cook-Off, please visit www.redrobin.com.  If you know a child that would be interested in participating, please pass along! 

CTM God Bless America


Oh and God Bless America.

Disclosure: Me and Candance were treated to two Spicy Honey Glazed Bacon Burgers as well as Bottomless Steak Fries and two Bottomless Beverages...on the house! Well, except Candance doesn't eat beef which means she had to have chicken, but that's how it was supposed to go anyway. That and something about puffing up.

Full Disclosure and Media Kit

Screwed Up Texan Recipes
Want to send me Dr Pepper, guest post, advertise or tell me I'm stupid? Email Me!

7 Comments:

Foursons said...

Sounds like a good time, I'm a tad bit jealous except for the calorie count one consumes at Red Robin.

Candance said...

Don't try to act like you didn't punch me in the eye and then took me to the snooty department store to buy me something pretty to make up for it ;0).

I'm totally blogging about it. As soon as moving my arms doesn't make me want to cry, that is. My neighbor tried to get me drunk at the pool. I think it had to do with his admiration of my boobs. Whatever the motive, we stayed out too long and I hurt. Bad.

Screwed Up Texan said...

Foursons, I didnt eat all day just so I could splurge at Red Robin, LOL

Candance, Sorry, but you have a way with making me feel punchy LOL!

Now dont go messing up my chances at the pool--cant have you red and burnt when we hang at the pool.

DangGina said...

I. Love. Red Robin. And this spicy honey glazed bacon burger sounds deluxe! I'm going to have to try it out like...this weekend!

Aunt Crazy said...

Sounds like fun and for the love of Dr. Pepper, I can't wait to meet Candance this weekend!!!

Screwed Up Texan said...

aunt crazy, you are going to have a blast!

Robert said...

Hi, I am a new reader. Great post and thanks for sharing about your cool lunch and get together with your fellow blogger.
Candance was looking all perky, pouty and pretty.
Great recipes also. While I have never actually cooked a real meal before, I plan to real soon. God bless America and Dr. Pepper.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin