Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Recipes and Fire...or was that recipe for fire?

DSC_0087 copy


I've got what feels like ten billion things to work on today including repairing a burnt fence and deck (story about that next week). All I have to say is I knew something smelled like barbecue outside.

So for the meantime, check out what's cooking in my kitchen over at Screwed Up Texan Recipes where you can print off Texas inspired and also Yankee inspired (that'd be the husband's and contributor's fault) recipes. I'm also looking for a regular contributor to my recipe site, so if you're interested, then send me an email and I'll pick one or two. Make sure to tell me why you think I should pick you and if you have any sample recipes all your own then share those too! You don't even have to Texan.

Oh and tomorrow I am posting a two part series called "Letters from an Anonymous Friend" written by a long time college friend of mine who would probably rather remain private. There may be more from where that came from.

Tip of the Day: Listening to Simon and Garfunkel helps to ease the anger of what a box of matches can do. Pink Floyd too. Trust me. I also now know how my mother felt when me and my twin brother and older sister lit the front yard on fire when I was in the fifth grade. Because Beevis and Butthead run in the family.

Fire. He he, fire.

Screwed Up Texan Recipes
Want to help me replace some fence boards, guest post, advertise or tell me I'm stupid? Email Me!

6 Comments:

Foursons said...

Uh oh. This doesn't sound good. I hope you still have a roof over your head.

FluffyChicky said...

Uh, oh. Nothing brings out the best in parents like a good fire. If you want someone to be the lookout while you "take care" of the perpetrators, let me know...I am available.

Screwed Up Texan said...

still have a roof Foursons, but my patience is depleted.

FluffyChicky...are you willing to drive to help a gal out, LOL.

Screwed Up Texan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

Your recipe site has a lot of variety. Only YOU could go from egg rolls to grits. :)

Robyn said...

So glad y'all are okay from the fire. If we lived closer to one another, I think our boys would make fast friends! :)

Robyn

Blog Widget by LinkWithin