Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Before and After: Self-Portrait Edition

Before and After


The number one thing I love about Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, and other editing software is that I can edit my self-portraits into something that I am not ashamed to post for the world to see. Like that photo my husband took of me at the lake this year where I noticed how fat I am getting. Wait. There was nothing that could be done to save that image. You're welcome for not posting it.

On the other hand, I was able to salvage a couple images I took of myself in the backyard a week or so ago. I really wanted a new profile photo to put up on my Facebook page and Twitter page, but I didnt have one that I really liked already on hand. So while my p0rn producer neighbor was out letting his dogs take a crap next to our fence I busted out my Nikon D40 for some sexy moves of my own.

Here's the SOOC (straight out of camera) look:

Self Portrait RAW


And here's the edited version:

Self Portrait Edited


There's a couple issues with the edited version that I could work on, like cloning and airbrushing, but for a first attempt on my new laptop where all the keys feel funny I thought the results were fine. Plus, after cropping and resizing it's barely noticeable.

I edited my self-portrait with Photoshop Elements 7 and used Coffeeshop Rita's Perfect Portrait action for PS and PSE. If you haven't discovered the wonderful world of actions, I beg you to now.

Want to see more Before and After photos? Then head on over to Pixel Perfect's blog!



Screwed Up Texan Recipes
Want to chat, guest post, advertise or tell me I'm stupid? Email Me!

12 Comments:

Foursons said...

Wow good job editing your hair!

zentmrs said...

I just love how that turned out! I use PS Elements and am just now starting to use actions. What a world of difference! Thanks for sharing!

Tara said...

Great job!!! I love how you edited your hair!

Heather said...

I love the brightness- beautiful shot!

Ashley Sisk said...

I love PSE for all the same reasons. You've really brightened up your self portrait and made it pop. Nice work.

Courtney said...

Great shot and beautiful edit! Really nice!

Mommy2Four said...

Very pretty! Good job with your hair!

The OriginalPsyn said...

Wonderful processing. You really made the photo pop.

DangGina said...

You're really quite lovely...

~Amy Jo~ said...

Great job! Your hair looks good and I love the contrast.

Texan Mama @ Who Put Me In Charge said...

You look mahvelous. Before AND after.

Me personally, I am fighting the Photoshop. I really love Picnik and I know PSE can do a lot too, and PS even more. But I feel like I don't need one more thing to learn or my head will explode. Plus, time learning = more time on computer = less time with Texan Papa. He's already pissed enough about the online world.... "Are you blogging AGAIN?!?!?!" *sigh*

Robert said...

Not to be contrary, but your sooc shot is really good. I like the slightly mussed hair, like you wouldn't mind getting it a little messy sometimes. And you look like you have a little color, like you have been in the sun recently. Great picture.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin