Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Snapshots From My Neighborhood

Rose of Sharon


I spent a good hour this morning picking more edible sumac berries for a "lemonade" drink I make, so I'm a little behind posting this morning. I'm also still editing photos from our weekend hiking trip in Fannin County, Texas where we all got sweaty, I almost overheated, and the kids and dog all got covered in a thick, slimy film of mud. So for this Monday, here's some images I took from before we went on vacation to Utah last month that I never got around to editing and posting until now. In the meantime, I've got five muddy pairs of shoes to wash and dry.

My neighbor's Rose of Sharon flowers:

Rose of Sharon

Rose of Sharon

Rose of Sharon


A beautiful end to a fun neighborhood walk around the block, my other neighbor's Mimosa tree that we've tried to hack down about twenty times now:

Mimosa Sunset


What interesting things have you seen in your neighborhood or on your land lately?

5 Comments:

The Boob Nazi said...

I want some lemonade right now. It's hot here.

DangGina said...

I want to go to there...

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

These beautiful pictures almost make up for the cereal horror last Friday. :)

Candance said...

Interesting stuff in my hood? A couple of ladies in two pieces that need to cover all that mess up.

Love the Rose of Sharon. I thought my mom made that up. Guess not. Now I feel bad for being snarky about it.

Screwed Up Texan said...

Candance, you are so messed up...both! LOL

Blog Widget by LinkWithin