Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Off With a Bang

Flower Mound Parks Sunset


I hope everyone had a wonderful Independence Day celebration here in America. I certainly enjoyed my three day weekend for the most part. Actually, I enjoyed all of it except for when we went down to our community's fireworks display. I hate to get all real on you, but I was in a sour mood from having to watch all three of my high energy boys by myself again for another holiday. Since my husband has to help out with the fireworks show every year as part of his job, that means I get to feel like a single mom every single Fourth of July.

Whah.

And no my husband doesn't get to play with the fireworks...he wishes.

A little peak into our Independence Day celebration:

I first decided we take a seat by some other kids, because I thought it would keep my kids entertained since I was in no mood to deal with them fighting which they had done the entire weekend. Well really I first bought a big bag of kettle corn in an attempt to stuff their faces with food so they couldn't gripe at each other, but who's counting right?

Independence Day Celebration 2010 Flower Mound Texas


Once I saw the other parents were getting annoyed by my kids grabbing their kids' toys out of bags, I called my husband who was on the other side of the park working so I could find out where the fireworks were going to be shot off. "They're shooting this crap off by the poop plant," he said, so I quickly grabbed my boys and got front row seating.

Which was a big mistake since we were then situated right in front of a huge, stinky drainage area. I was now even less than enthralled.

I think the man next to me noticed I was in a sour mood every time I told my boys to sit their butts down and quit running into the putrescent scented water down below. I never ended up yelling at them, but I may have pinched one of their behinds. Not that it worked since thirty seconds later he was running back into the murky water below, losing his shoes in the process half-way down there.

This is when I really could have used my husband. My kids seam to listen to Daddy, but only occasionally me. Anyone else have this problem?

My Oldest


Other than my kids acting like wild banchees, the festivities were wonderful. There was food, a fun band, and even though I refused to stand in line for it also a big area with bouncy houses and a climbing wall for the kids.

Flower Mound Independence Day Celebration 2010 Band


My favorite part of the Independence Day celebration, however, happened just before the fireworks display as the sun was setting...we got to enjoy the most beautiful sunset I've seen in a long time:

Flower Mound Independence Day Celebration 2010

Flower Mound Parks Sunset


Actually, the sunset was the prettiest thing I saw that night. Even the fireworks couldn't beat it. Want me to prove it? Well just compare my fireworks images to yours...

Flower Mound Fireworks


And you thought your fireworks photos were horrible.

Now excuse me while I go stock up on sparklers.

7 Comments:

The Boob Nazi said...

What a great day/night!

DangGina said...

I love the fourth of July. You're so stalwart, mothering all by yourself every Independence Day...

I'm so sad to be back to work today.

Texan Mama @ Who Put Me In Charge said...

wait, are you kidding? Your fireworks shot is really good. Also love the sunset shots.

I share your pain, sister. I have *5* kids that I get to watch all by myself most holidays, since my husband is a pastor and has to work on holidays. Fun fun for everyone. not.

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

I hate playing single parent - especially at events like that. Glad you (and the boys) make it through in one piece!

Beth Zimmerman said...

That is a GORGEOUS sunset! :)

Screwed Up Texan said...

Texan Momma, It's hard isnt it?!

Candance said...

Your fireworks pics are AWESOME!!

Was this is event where Eleven Hundred Springs played? If we hadn't gone to E. TX, we were totally going to be there.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin