Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, July 16, 2010

Just Pile It Under the Bed

057


Yesterday afternoon I made my kids clean their rooms. This is not a chore that they particularly like. I dont blame them. In fact, if you were to take a peek at my own bedroom then you'd probably be mortified. Or understanding.

When I was a little girl I remember reacting the same way to cleaning my own bedroom. My sons and I have a lot in common in that regard. When my mother or stepfather would tell us to clean our rooms I simply would put a few things away and then stuff everything else under my bed. This usually resulted in yelling and my stepdad throwing my mattress off my bed in a fit of adult tantrum, but that's beside the point. The point is that my sons have inherited Stuff Everything Under Your Bed Syndrome. Luckily for them, I did not inherit Scream and Throw Mattress Off Bed Syndrome.

Instead I developed Get Camera and Document Foul Bedroom Because It's Funny Syndrome.

For instance, these are the foul scented bedrooms (after sixty minutes of cleaning):

061

062

063


We found many things under the bed...three small trashcans of trash, half a twelve pack of Dr Pepper (that's where my kids get their energy), a basket full of clean clothes, half a dishwasher load of dishes...

and one bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds cereal--perfectly preserved.

057

058


PS: The kids can thank their dad for the clean rooms because he's the one who called and said his mother trucker was in town and to clean. When I called him back he was all "she was only passing through, not stopping by." All that stress and the only thing we have to show for it are clean bedrooms for the first time since she last visited.

PPS: You feel much better about your messy house doncha?

12 Comments:

The Boob Nazi said...

I hid things in the closet or spread it all out under my comforter.

Beth Zimmerman said...

I do feel better although we went through a phase when I wouldn't allow my son to have a bed frame! Box spring and mattress on the floor = less space in which to accrue clutter!

Screwed Up Texan said...

Beth, that sounds like a good idea!

Foursons said...

No way!!! I didn't know Honey Bunches of Oats had such mystical powers!

And darn those men who don't let you know ALL the facts.

scrappin'soccermama said...

I don't even WANT to know what's under my kids beds (let alone my own)!

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

Gross.

And yet - totally a possibility in my own kids' rooms!

Vanessa said...

I hid homework under my bed once. My mom made me iron it, complete it and turn it in. Awesome.

Screwed Up Texan said...

Vanessa, Seriously? HA!

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

LOL! I do feel better about my house now. ha! Although, my office looks about like your kids room now so I can't laugh that hard. Boys are nasty. I can't imagine having 3 of them!! Good luck with the cleaning:-)

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

I have a suggestion. Chalkboard paint for the walls! Looks like they are writing on them anyway, might as well make it cute. hee.

I'll be waiting for some before and after photos. :-)

Screwed Up Texan said...

Amy, we just took the entire morning to clean. I hear them upstairs and have a feeling we'll be cleaning in about half an hour again. LOL Funny thing you mention the chalkboard...we have one on the wall. i don't hide markers and hammers very well though.

Candace @ Candace Creations said...

Yup Totally! lol! :P I'm avoiding my kitchen and bedroom right now....

Blog Widget by LinkWithin