Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Fun and Games

DSC_0020 copy


At the family reunion in Utah last week we had lots of games for the kids. Why a family reunion wouldn't be complete without them! Not that my youngest would know since he is the one that had an allergic reaction to something while waiting for his turn to eat a big bag of mystery treats.

DSC_0046 copy

 
(By the way, this is my oldest son eating said mystery treats...it was a race.)


There he was in line and immediately began gag-coughing. One of the adults playing along yelled to tell us he was throwing up, but when I saw him I knew he was having another one of his mystery reactions. His face swells up, his eyes get puffy, and he starts scratching all over. Once even his ears swelled up. So we popped him a children's Benadryl and in no time he was back to normal, and sleeping...which is not normal since he's usually the one awake and in mischief. Like wading in mountain rivers. And wiping his butt on sleeping-blankets. I'll take it as a blessing in disguise.

So while my little man was off in a diphenhydramine induced dreamland, my other two boys were happily eating bags of chocolate covered pretzels and Twizzlers, and winning prizes of sweet candy, colorful frisbees, and funny glasses.

DSC_0042 copy


What happens when adults get a hold of little kid toys at family reunions? Have you ever wondered?

Wonder no more.

Great-grandpa started it.

DSC_0020 copy


And the glasses got worn and passed around the circle of family that had gathered...all the way until my husband got a hold of them.

DSC_0026 copy


This is my husband without silly glasses:

DSC_0030 copy


This my husband with silly glasses:

DSC_0032 copy


Thank God the person who took my photograph doesn't have a blog.

But hey! Who needs silly glasses when a perfectly fine face will do?

DSC_0012 copy


DSC_0009 copy


Gotta love that family!

1 Comments:

Beth Zimmerman said...

Lord have mercy! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin