Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Before and After: Lake Edition

Grapevine Lake Before and After


I've had quite a few readers ask how I've been editing my photos lately. Really, there is no big secret! I've just been shooting RAW and then editing in the RAW editor and then in Photoshop Elements 7. Mostly, I've been playing around with the fill light, clarity, and contrast. After I move the image to PSE 7 I then brighten select areas and sharpen the image. In this case, I also used the straighten tool in this particular image. Some of the images I love and some I don't care for but I am too lazy to go back and re-edit before I post which is a big photography no-no. But I've never been one to follow rules so whatever.

For today's Before and After blog hop sponsored by Pixel Perfect I chose a sunset image that I took at a local lake in the North Texas area. Here is my SOOC shot:

Grapevine Lake SOOC


And here is my final edited version:

Lake Grapevine, Texas at Sunset


I love the end results!

Let me know what you think, oh and if you want to play along too, then hop on over to Pixel Perfect's blog for more Before and After photos!

18 Comments:

The Boob Nazi said...

That looks totally fake! Wow

Pixel Perfect said...

Wow the end result is beautiful!! Great work!

mtpeke said...

its a bit over processed for my taste

K. Erickson said...

aaaHHHAAAAaaaa!!!! The secret is in the editing. Forgive me. I am still learning the whole digital photography thing. At a snail's pace I might add since I'm still using a point and shoot. I took a photography class in college back just before the digital age. So, my brain is still firmly rooted in film processing tech.

Beautiful work. It's unique IMHO. Some of them almost look like oil paintings or pastel artwork. Cool effects.

zentmrs said...

Wow - that is such a cool edit! Well done!!

Travis Erwin said...

Amazing.

Christy said...

beautiful!

K Soucy said...

Wow! There is no doubt that it was edited, but I love it.

K Soucy said...

Wow! There is no doubt that it was edited, but I love it.

Snapshotsofhappiness said...

Wow great edit!

DangGina said...

I want to go to there...

The Mama Bird said...

I love the edit! I has an ethereal feeling to it. :)

Screwed Up Texan said...

Thanks y'all for all the comments. I was going for an artistic look--not true to nature. My husband calls it Avatarish...just a fun style that I love.

Ashley said...

Is Grapevine Lake actually in Grapevine? I am going to be there early next week for work. Well, Grapevine at least...not the lake. :)

Ashley said...

Is Grapevine Lake actually in Grapevine? I am going to be there early next week for work. Well, Grapevine at least...not the lake. :)

Chelsey - The Paper Mama said...

That is so perfect! Beautiful.

Screwed Up Texan said...

Ashley, I sent you an email!

Katie said...

That is awesome! It looks so surreal!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin