Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Before and After: Balloon and Frisbee Edition

BAtrentballoon


It's Thursday again and that means it's time for Pixel Perfect's Before and After Blog Hop! The last image I entered won most favorite--thanks Monica! Monica has lots of easy to understand photography tutorials on her photography blog, Pixel Perfect...go check it out!

For this week's Before and After blog hop I chose a photograph I took at a town event before we went on vacation in June to Utah. It's one of my sons holding a balloon and frisbee. It was taken right before he threw the frisbee at a nearby group of police officers.

Here is the SOOC (straight out of camera) shot:

DSC_0047RAW


Here is the edited version:

Wild About Flower Mound Texas


I edited in Photoshop Elements and used a Nikon D40 to take the image.



Screwed Up Texan Recipes
Want to chat, guest post, advertise or tell me I'm stupid? Email Me!

17 Comments:

kbreints said...

What a fun edit! It gave it an almost comic strip vibe. Love it!

Screwed Up Texan said...

Kbreints, and with how my life feels like a comic strip...that description fits perfectly!

Julie said...

I love the color pop!! Great job!!

The OriginalPsyn said...

Very hip. I agree that it feels like a comic book.

zentmrs said...

Ooh - I like this! Comic book is just right. It reminds me of the movie "300" which was based on a comic book (excuse me, graphic novel) and filmed with that style in mind. This photo feels a lot like that.

Foursons said...

I need to check her site out. Love the edit job, perfect for a carnival.

Ashley Sisk said...

I've been hopping today and I keep seeing your name pop up so I finally had to come over and see you. I love your work here and I love your blog. I just clicked follow so I can be one of the cool kids. If you have a chance, I hope you'll come back over to my place and hang out for a while. ;) http://ashleysisk.blogspot.com

Mommy2Four said...

What fun!

The edit really gives this photo life....I like it!

Maura said...

Love the edit!!

Natalie | The Bobby Pin said...

Oh pretty, love the effects and the color. Looks vintage and takes a photo that would end up in an album somewhere into something that is canvas worthy

Natalie | The Bobby Pin said...

Oh pretty, love the effects and the color. Looks vintage and takes a photo that would end up in an album somewhere into something that is canvas worthy

Heidi said...

LOVE IT! he's adorable :)

ThisMamaRAZZI said...

So bold and vibrant!

Tara said...

Great edit and I love the color!

Screwed Up Texan said...

Thanks Natalie! I think it'd be really cool printed as a poster and put on his bedroom wall.

Johanna said...

Very cool. Looks HDR.

J Bar said...

How interesting.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Blog Widget by LinkWithin