Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Wife Beaters (that's redneck tank tops y'all)

WifeBeaters


My neighbor had a big pile of clothing in plastic bags sitting in her driveway in the alley way for a while. After talking with her, she's been trying to give the clothing away, but the person she offered it to has not come and picked it up. During said conversation, my neighbor decided to give the clothing to me. Being the type of person I am there was no way I was going to say no to free stuff.

So I carried ten huge plastic trash bags of clothing home.

When I finally got all the clothing in my house, I began going through the bags one by one. There were a bunch of womens clothing, but nothing really suited my style or they weren't the right size. There was also children's clothing, but all of it was either too little or too big for my kids. That was a big bummer because it seems my three boys go through clothing faster than a Taco Bell burrito goes through my husband.

So I decided to donate the clothing to a local women's shelter, however I pulled out the wife beaters and gave them to my sons because I found them highly inappropriate.

WifeBeaters


(In case you're now currently lost, wife beaters are redneck tank tops.)

Also to be noted in this photograph:

WifeBeaters copy


and

WifeBeaters copy 2


and

WifeBeaters copy 4


and then this

WifeBeaters copy 3


Just keepin' it real.

PS: Stayed tuned tomorrow, Friday, for a fun announcement about next week!

15 Comments:

Candance said...

What I dig most, though, is your son's pose. He's working his wife beater. Really, all he needs is a can of Coors Original to complete the look.

And, really, with the dishes, all you need to say is that you have a really small sink and it just looks like a lot of dishes are in them. That's totally what I do. Okay, I really do have freakishly small sinks, but even if I didn't, that would totally be the excuse I'd use.

DangGina said...

Ha! Still laughing over the whole "my three boys go through clothing faster than a Taco Bell burrito goes through my husband" part. Ha!

What a bummer that none of the clothings fit. Seriously.

At least you got a picture of 2/3 of your boys bustin' some stellar moves in beaters. (Do you mean to tell me that there are people in America who don't know what a wife beater is...?)

The Boob Nazi said...

Wife beaters are so nasty.

Semi-Slacker Mom said...

Is this my house or yours? Seriously!

You know if you're gonna beat your wife, you'll beat your brother too! :)

cfoxes33 said...

Wife beaters are always in style, somewhere!

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

Perhaps you should change the name to Brother Beater.

Screwed Up Texan said...

Candance, All I've got around here is Milwaukee's Best. And we dont even drink it.

DangGina, Surprisingly there are people who have no idea what wife beaters are.

Boob, Agreed.

Semi-Slacker Mom, Ha! LOL

cfoxes33, Somewhere, but most likely Arkansas, Tennessee, and Kentucky.

Mindee, You are too clever!

Christy said...

I love this picture and this post!

Screwed Up Texan said...

Christy, I can show you more where that came from.

Christy @ Life As Mum said...

Hahahaha! I'm laughing so hard! Great photos and hilarious commentary. Thanks for the chuckle! : )

Ashley said...

The taco burrito going through your husband got me. I can relate!! :)

Foursons said...

Oh yes, nothing better than a wife beater shirt than a FREE wife beater shirt!

Andrea @ MommySnacks.net said...

This is awesome!! My kids totally wear wife beaters too. We have the spaghetti stains on there too :)

The pictures are just priceless!!

Screwed Up Texan said...

Christy, thanks! It's pretty bad when I laugh at my own jokes.

Ashley, the great think about Tex-Mex is that the calories don't really count since the foods slips on through you.

Foursons, Yes, FREE!

Andrea, Spaghetti stains? What spaghetti stains, LOL!

ForeverRhonda said...

I have a "catch-all" spot on my kitchen counter too...and I hate it. No matter how hard I try..stuff just appears there!

Lovin' the boys in the wife beaters though.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin