Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Thank Goodness for Earphones

Avatar


(I was totally going to write "headphones" up there and then realized that hardly anyone even uses those things anymore. Dang I'm getting old.)

(Also, this is sort of a lame post because I've been busy working on a big announcement coming this Friday.)

(It's still funny though. Well interesting at least.)

While we are on vacation next week, we are taking along AVATAR for the kids to watch during our twenty-something hour long roadtrip. Well, we're bringing along more movies than just AVATAR, but that's not the point of this post.

The point of this post is do you remember that movie from 1992 called FernGully: The Last Rainforest? You know, the one with that bat named Batty (how original) played by Robin Williams? Well, I've been thinking a lot about it and doesn't AVATAR with the blue people remind you a lot of that movie FernGully?

Apparently, I ain't the only one to think so.

I decided to go online and see if anyone else had concluded the same thing when I came across this AVATAR/FernGully mashup that someone put together on YouTube:



By the way, if you've never seen AVATAR, here's the original preview:



You should know that my husband couldn't wait long enough for AVATAR to come out on Redbox that he bought the movie. Not because he hadn't seen it, but because I hadn't.

And now because of that decision, I get to memorize an alien love story.

Thank goodness for modern day miracles called earphones.

8 Comments:

Paula said...

First, your blog is looking good.

It has long amazed me that children can watch the same movies over and over. I had Toy Story & Thomas the Train Engine totally memorized. So yes, have earphones will be a blessing for everyone in the car. Have a good trip.

Take care.
@lonestarlifer
Paula

Screwed Up Texan said...

Paula, Thank you! I had mannequin memorized as a little girl, ha!

Jackie said...

And Pocahontas!

Screwed Up Texan said...

Jackie, or as my husband would say...Little Mermaid, :)

Kristen said...

AVATAR and Ferngully are definitely alike! They even both have swimming scenes with glowing water lol.

Though I have to say, much as I love AVATAR, it's missing something without Batty ;-).

http://crazyworldamazinglife.blogspot.com/

queen of everything said...

loving your blog too funny.

BK said...

Ppppppst I think they're really called earbuds. But I call them headphones and I haven't even been around for two decades. Ha! Oh, about me: I'm really a Texan an heart, and Dr Pepper is one of the loves in my life

Screwed Up Texan said...

BK, my husband and I had this same argument. So, I looked it up online and the internets said it was either earbuds or earphones. But to be honest with you, I am not even sure "internets" is a real word.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin