Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Master of Persuasion

LIlyLake1


Mindee brought up a good question last Friday. She asked, "How did you convince your hubby to pay for the lens??? You must be a master of persuasion."

Since I think some of y'all may be thinking the same thing, I thought I'd let y'all in on a secret of mine. Well fine. It's not really a secret. I took my husband to a local camera store and showed him the actual lens, then researched prices online, and bought my new lens using advertising money straight from this blog.

That's right folks--people pay me to have me put their ads on Screwed Up Texan. That is how I was able to purchase my camera in the first place. It was also how I was able to buy my Droid smartphone. Because my husband is too much of a cheapwad to actually let me purchase this stuff with the family money.

The next lens I will purchase will be a prime lens--either a 50mm or a 35mm. You can help that dream come true by advertising on Screwed Up Texan yourself. Not that I'd ever want to be painted as a cheapwad by begging you pay me to put your ad on here.

But I'll do whatever it takes.

If it weren't for my camera, I mean advertisers, I wouldn't be able to take photos of my boys playing in the water.

BoysLake2


Or my husband threatening me if I get any closer to him with my lens: "Come any closer and I'll jump!"

Get Any Closer and I'll Jump


Fine. Whatever.

(Notice how Lily in the above photograph has a leash on. That's all the lake rules required. Or at least that is my excuse.)

Or Lily ticked off at me for dumping her in the lake.

LIlyLake1


Or the lake.

GVLake2


Or rocks at the lake.

GVLake1


Or Lily still pouting about being a wet dog.

LilyLake2


Or my boys laughing at the tighty whities at the lake.

Someone's Tighty Whities!


(At least it wasn't a used dirty diaper.)

Or Lily still mad at me for for putting her in the lake. Look dog, at least you're dry.

LilyLake3


I gladly accept donations.

I mean, after that face wouldn't you?

4 Comments:

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

We need to talk. I want to figure out how to make money from my blog too. Not that I expect Pioneer Woman type income, but even enough to get a camera lens would be awesome!

Screwed Up Texan said...

Mindee, the biggest thing is to have a "media kit" ready when you do start getting inquiries. Also, treat your blog like a business, not a hobby or fun personal thing you do...even though you can keep your blog fun and personal. Yep, that makes no sense. Research, research, research.

K. Erickson said...

I love the photo of the "angry" dog. Did you have any "special" gifts waiting for you in your slippers this morning? I've been debating the whole shameless commerce thing for my blog, but I don't think I'm quite there yet. Maybe after I hit one of my first two milestones (double digit followers and/or 100 posts).

Foursons said...

I have thought about advertising, but haven't looked into it much. Maybe you could do a "Need to Know" post.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin