Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

It's Gettin' Hot in Here! - Guest post by Foursons

On Saturday we loaded up the young ‘uns and headed into the big city to watch a AA baseball game. We squeezed every penny out of our $6.50 seats by suffering through watching all 13 innings from our front row seats down the 3rd base line. I got some great shots with my handy dandy notebook camera until I started pretending like I was a real photographer and messing with the settings and then not knowing how to get them back and ending up with a lot of black photos and a big long run-on sentence and lots of grammatical errors to boot. *sigh*

But before I messed with the camera settings I got shots like these of some of the Missions players warming up.

Mmmmm…that’s a nice stretch #4

_DSC0079

Do you see the ball in the air? Huh, huh…do you?

_DSC0059

Well, heellllooooo Mr. Tall Drink of Water. It’s very nice to meet you today. 

why heelllloooo

Being so close to the bullpen of the home team gave me ample opportunity to teach the boys the finer points of Mr. Tall Drink of Water the catcher position.

 Finer points like… meditation to help with concentration during the game.

mediation

And protective equipment is important. Boys, the catcher takes lots of abuse behind home plate. 

yes

Yes, you must check to make sure all of your equipment is in order.

equipment malfunction

Because if there is an equipment malfunction, the squatting position that a catcher must spend an insane amount of time in to really strengthen up those rippling thigh muscles could become a seriously unwelcome injury.

squatting

Working out those rippling thigh muscles will give you the strength to throw from your knees. But boys, as a little leaguer, you need to stand up to return the ball to the pitcher. You will make more accurate throws that way. But Mr. Tall Drink of Water This catcher seems to have the strength to make those tough plays from his knees. *Cough cough deep breath cough*

throwing from the knees

Most importantly though, you need to have focus. Yes, focus and concentration because the catching position is the most important position on the field. The catcher can stare into my soul controls the game. So boys, make sure you give every game your 100% attention. 

staring into soul

And if your mother starts acting like she is single and takes way to many photos of a boy who is probably hopefully in his mid-20’s, just ignore her. She’ll come back to her senses soon.

A post on the actual game coming soon. Once I wipe the drool off my keyboard that is.

*This is a guest post by Julie who writes at Foursons.

14 Comments:

Jenna @ Newlyweds said...

Hello Mr. Handsome!!! Great pictures btw, I love this post!

Foursons said...

Thanks for publishing me today Allie!

Becky aka. Bettie Rocker said...

Wow. And to think I HATED baseball until 5 mintues ago.
LOL

Stacie said...

Oh. Wow. I....I....have nothing to say.

The Simple Life said...

I can see exactly why you enjoyed this game so much - it looks like such an interesting game.

Wonder when he .. I mean the team plays again.

McCrakensx4 said...

Oh I was drooling the first time was an understatement and now again...oh yea!! Lovin' me some baseball!!

Ashley said...

Those are great shots! I mean, you had great subjects of course, but good photography! You could make a calendar! :)

Jane Anne said...

Now this is the reason baseball is so wonderful! Great scenery.

Beth Zimmerman said...

That's cute! :) And so is he!!!!

crystal.cattle said...

My roommates and I go to the baseball games for the same reason. Might have to import this guy though. Loved the post! Definitely will be back.

www.cdycattle.blogspot.com

iheartbowheads.blogspot.com said...

Ha funny! Love that post. :)

Tiffany said...

Yes! The reason why scores of women attend baseball games! Love it!

He & Me + 3 said...

Girl...when we went to the Lugnuts game the other day and i was happily snapping pictures of the 20 something young men out there on the field...all I could think about was you & this post. LOL

Alison said...

BWAHAHAHA!! I love it when he "checks his equipment". That's great!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin