Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, June 25, 2010

Honey Ginger Pineapple Chicken - Guest Post by Our Homeschool Home


I know you're drooling. Go ahead, I'll give you a second while you wipe your chin.


Doesn't that look divine? I thought you'd like it.

My recipe all started with this beautiful pineapple my sister brought me from the local farmer's market. There were just so many possibilities for this little fella.


Should I add him to my morning smoothie? I strongly considered it, but then would have felt guilty that I was the only one enjoying him.

Should I make ice cream? Now that sounds delicious, but I am trying my best to watch my calories and be good.

And then finally I decided I would use him in a grilled chicken recipe. I do love grilled pineapple.

The result was delicious! I knew y'all might like to try it, too.

Honey Ginger Pineapple Chicken

Marinade
1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons Honey
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
1/4 Teaspoon Ginger
3 Red Peppers, chopped finely or 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes

Chicken
For this part, you just need chicken.

Grilled Pineapple
Pineapple
Butter
Brown Sugar

(Preheat Grill to between 350 - 400 degrees)

Chicken

Step 1. Combine all marinade ingredients in a small bowl.


Step 2. Pour over chicken and let is soak up all this goodness. I suggest in a zip top bag so you can occasionally turn in the refrigerator to make sure the chicken is soaking up all the yummy marinade. For this picture, I show in my pretty dish. The zip top bag just didn't look as pretty.


Oh, you remember the saying, "Do as I say and not as I do," don't ya?

Well, notice in the instructions I say "3 red peppers, finely chopped?"

See in the picture above those big ole hunks of red?

Yep, you got it, I didn't finely chop my red peppers.

So, I guess I should have said, "finely chopped if you want to and if you don't, well, then don't."

Just consider that what I meant to say, okay?

Step 3. Refrigerate for up to 8 hours.The longer, the better. I promise.

Step 4. Place on grill, turning once, and until reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. The temperature will continue to rise after you remove from the grill and allow it to rest.

Pineapple

Step 1. Peel and remove the core from the pineapple. I use a small pastry cutter for removing the core and to get those perfect circles every time, but a knife works well, too.


Step 2. Lightly butter the top side of the pineapple slice and dust with brown sugar.

Step 3. Place on grill and allow to cook for 5 to 10 minutes.


Step 4. Remove from grill and serve. I would prefer to serve this with the pineapple on top of the chicken; however, my son does not like for certain foods to touch. Hence it is served on the side.



What would you have made with that pineapple?



Robyn of Our Homeschool Home is a wife and work at home mom to a wonderful little boy who is quickly becoming not so little anymore! She recently left the corporate world and traded her Jimmy Choos for tennis shoes! She's concentrating on her family, homeschooling, writing, cooking, photography and her online businesses that she owns with her family. She is a classically loaded, Kindle toting mommy sharing all her favorite classic books with her son. She thought she'd be bored when she left corporate America, she hasn't found time to be bored yet!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin