Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Take Me Out to the Ballgame for Mothers Day

Rangers vs. Kansas City


Yesterday was the best Mothers Day I have ever had, thanks to my husband who got up early and sneaked out of the house to go to the store and buy me a Knockout rose and a big pot to plant stuff in. Even if he nearly barfed over spending $42 on me.

My awesome Mothers Day also wouldn't have been possible if it weren't for Chevrolet who took me and my family out to the ballgame for Mothers Day--specifically to the Texas Rangers vs Kansas City game at the Ballpark in Arlington, Texas. It was the first baseball game any of us have ever watched live, so the day was made even better since we got to experience this together.

Rangers11


We got great seats thanks to Chevy high above home plate. The views were fantastic.

Rangers vs. Kansas City

Texas Rangers


Personally, I was loving the cheese-fries, pretzels, and Dr Pepper...a polygamous marriage made in heaven.

Okay, that was a little sacrilegious.

Especially since Mothers Day falls on a Sunday.

But the cotton candy was great too! (Amy from Living Locurto and I Heart Faces said my teeth were blue, I have no idea what she was talking about.)

Cotton Candy


That's right, Amy was there too! I'm glad she was there, because if she wasn't, then I wouldn't have been able to tell her that the blackberries ripen in about two more weeks from my secret wild blackberry patch.

Amy's Family at the Rangers Game


Chevy had lots of fun Mothers Day activities for us to participate in. The kids got to make cards for mom, race remote control cars,

Mothers Day with Chevy


Getting Filmed for Mothers Day


and throw bean bags.

Rangers2


There's a reason it's called bean bag toss and not Baggers. Or even Franklin Baggers. Just sayin'.

Rangers4


(Note: My husband does not think that joke is very funny.)

But the kids loved it! I mean the kid's loved tossing bean bags.

I personally loved the Dr Pepper which was brought just for me by Chevy since I complained pointed out that there was none at NASCAR in the Chevy tent area at Texas Motor Speedway to them.

Dr Pepper at the Rangers Game


And really that is what is important--everyone catering to my needs on Mothers Day. My husband sneaking out at 6 am because he hadn't gotten me anything yet. Chevy taking my family out to the ballgame and bringing along Dr Pepper. My husband purchasing me a Rangers ballcap as a souvenir of our special day together.

Rangers13


Oh who am I kidding...that ballcap is for him. Happy Fathers Day sucker.

Disclosure: Chevrolet paid for our tickets to attend the Texas Rangers vs Kansas City Whoevers. They also gave us $50 worth of these little cash tickets things that we could spend on food and souvenirs--we made the most out of that $50.

7 Comments:

cfoxes33 said...

That sounds like a great day!

Melessa said...

What a wonderful Mother's Day! I had to LOL at the 'baggers' joke because you can put the girl in the church, but you can't remove the adult sense of humor. And trust me, many a Molly has tried. ;)

Foursons said...

How fun! I am so jealous.

mindy@thesuburbanlife said...

That looks like it turned out to be an awesome Mother's Day! And don't most husbands find a way to wriggle themselves into our sanctimonious holiday? It's wrong I'll tell ya.
:)
Mindy
www.thesuburbanlife.com

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

He spent money on YOU??? That was a Mother's Day for the record books. :)

Looks like a great day. I'm glad you had fun.

Screwed Up Texan said...

Cfoxes, yes it was!

Melessa, he he, you know a Molly?

Foursons, it was so much fun!

Mindy, for real, what's up with that, lol.

Mindee, now if he can get me a present without freaking out about the price...id be floored.

Sell...Party Of 4 said...

That looks like so much fun. I really need cotton candy now.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin