Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I'm Really Not Sorry

fruit basket


If you're a blogger, have you ever had those moments when life got so busy that you felt you hardly had time to write as much as you'd like? No? Well then you won't be able to relate to this post.

The emotional part of me wants to apologize to my readers, while the logical part of me says don't even mention it. So basically my brain has been doing the following over the last several days:

I'm sorry!
Forghettaboutit!
I'm sorry!
Forghettaboutit!


Pretty much in that order.

The reason I have been too busy to post at my regularly scheduled time weekday mornings is two-fold: 1.) Wild fruit and garden harvesting are in full swing and so that means I have to be up and out before it gets too deathly hot to pick; 2.) I've been staying up way too late watching movies and not writing. Mostly the watching movies part is my husband's fault because he complains that I don't do enough with him and so he makes me watch stupid movies like The Tooth Fairy until midnight. Actually, I think we were both ready to rub our eyes out from boredom with that one.

Trust me, it's one of the worst movies I've seen in a long time and unless you're a little kid you ain't gonna like it. Ugh, when did The Rock get so soft?

You know, come to think of it I think any person, blogger or not, can relate to feeling that life is momentarily getting a bit overwhelming. I am going to look at the positives of this inconvenience for now...for instance, if I hadn't been doing other things than writing, then I wouldn't have been able to spend quality time with my son gathering peppers, wild plums, tomatoes, wild dewberries and blackberries, making pies and cobblers, and employing my sons to pick caterpillars off lettuce.

{They're doing an okay job with that last one. I think I've only eaten one and it was Great Value ranch flavored.}

Picking Dewberries in North Texas


Heck, I wouldn't even be able to get my frustrations out about my husband's mother trucker. You see, y'all are like my virtual psychiatrists. No meds needed except caffeine and Dr Pepper.

I thank you for understanding.

And I'm really not sorry...or at least that's how I feel at the moment.

14 Comments:

Expat From Hell said...

I don't know - it seems that you are like someone who just hangs out when you can. You are appreciated when you're here, and missed when you're not. Here's to ya! (Dr. Pepper 2-liter opens up - only 88c at Wal-Mart). Hell, summer is here! EFH

Screwed Up Texan said...

OH EFH thank you for the heads up!

Steph said...

Oh, I was forced to watch the Tooth Fairy. Not good, my brain is a lot mooshier now. I'll never get that time back.

Candance said...

The "Tooth Fairy" is what we went to see when we had to have the creepy guy kicked out of the theater.

I'm willing to test the Rock's softness by trying to bounce a quarter off his ass. Is that wrong?

Foursons said...

I am jealous of your harvest. I have to buy my fruit and veggies at the local HEB. *sigh*

Jennifer said...

Loving the pics of the harvest. :D

If I can help it, I will never see the "Tooth Fairy."

Jane said...

Um, yeah. . .you are the only blogger I know who posts everyday, or nearly everyday. I'm too busy washing my hair, metaphorically speaking.

DangGina said...

I kinda suck at reading AND posting of late. And it's nothing to do with harvest time, because I live in the depths of freezing, so you know. WE GOT SNOW a few times over the past week! Sick! -I have been keeping busy doing other things, though. Oh well, busy is better than boring, right?

Kristen said...

I can totally understand life getting too busy--its the end of the school year for me and things are approaching frantic!
As for when The Rock went soft, I have no idea, but it makes me sad. Very sad. Kinda like Vin Diesel in The Pacifier (though I did get a few laughs out of that one).

Sell...Party Of 4 said...

Life is busy. Take a blog break. WE all need it!

NitWit1 said...

I sometimes wonder if blogging a lot is any better than once a week or month.

I follow one blog that is posted one day/week. She is so good I look forward to every saturday. She reads more than she writes but has lots of followers.

But then it helps she is a journalist and English professor, mom of a teenager and her husband is a restauranteer--does not have to cook alot!

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

It's not just you. I'm struggling with posting lately too. Just remember your life is bigger than your blog.

When you have time though, I'd love more MIL stories.

Jenna @ Newlyweds said...

Nah no apologizing, I completely understand, same is going on here, too much garden harvest and chickens(for me) too, lol!

Kristen said...

Hey! I just wanted to let you know that you were one of my choices for the Versatile Blogger Award! I really enjoy your posts, and always look forward to the next one!

http://crazyworldamazinglife.blogspot.com/2010/05/i-got-what.html

Blog Widget by LinkWithin