Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Before and After Mother Trucker Edition

Why I Love Shooting in RAW


Four words: Mother-in-law is coming today. Actually that might be six words, I'm a bit confused on that one. At any rate, I have to pick her up so that means no real funny post for you today. I'm totally blaming it on that bona fide traveling mother trucker of my husband's.

Yes, she really is a trucker.

Instead, I am participating in Pixel Perfect's Before and After blog hop today. No worries, I'm sure I have a real good and funny story for you about my encounter with my mother-in-law later. But for now you have to suffer, well because I have to suffer for the rest of the day.

Do I seem nervous? I feel nervous.

Here's my Before and After photo--allow me to explain. Top photograph taken in RAW on my DSLR. Middle photograph edited in the RAW program on PSE 7. Bottom photo edited in Photoshop Elements 7 (just some final tweaks).

Why I Love Shooting in RAW


This before and after photograph of mine is also the reason why I love shooting in RAW. Yes, I get less photos onto my memory card, but the ability to change lighting, clarity, exposure, and more before I edit in Photoshop blows me away every time.

By the way, these are Tip Junkie's feet.

PS: There's a chance of severe thunderstorms today and I am totally blaming that on my mother-in-law too. Although if she brings a tornado with her I'm thinking I may just like that Wicked Witch of the West. Storm chasing anyone?

10 Comments:

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

I wish I could whine about my mil on my blog, but someone would tell her. But seriously? I could do a solid month on the stories.

Good luck.

lovingmylife said...

Cute shoes and great edit.

Donna said...

That is pretty remarkable! And those sandals are crazy!

;)

Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!

Courtney said...

Too funny! Your edit is pretty incredible! Love it!

scrappin'soccermama said...

I can totally relate to MIL stress! Oh, the stories I could tell...(but won't because someway, somehow it would come back to bite me -- everything involving me MIL eventually does.)

DangGina said...

Good luck, darlin! You can do it! -How long will she be with you...?

Heather said...

Wow, the edit really changed that! I haven't tried RAW before...maybe I should.

Screwed Up Texan said...

Pixel Perfect readers: Thank you for the CC and yes, if you are able to shoot in RAW give it a try!

Mindee, I am so lucky...my MIL is too cheap to get internet.

ScrappinSoccermama, Oh that would be great to hear--it's good to know I am not the only one...

DangGina, She was only with us for the day (thankfully). I took them back this morning :)

NitWit1 said...

Interesting contrast sandals and mother in law:~}

Hope the MIL visit went well and you are now calm .

Nancy said...

That is pretty amazing. I need to quit being afraid of RAW and photoshop . . . it is sitting in its box, uninstalled, on my dresser because I'm such a scaredy pants. But seeing that crazyness of editing in your pics makes me think, "Be brave, be brave, it will be worth it."

Blog Widget by LinkWithin