Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Kick Butt Driver Introductions

Inside Texas Motor Speedway


This bug, cold, allergy attack, whatever it is called has been kicking my butt since Wednesday last week. I am ready to be done with it. After a short bout with laryngitis last week, Friday my voice began to return, but with a cough and sore throat that wore me out faster than one Lortab and a full dose of NyQuil. Although now I know why I've been a little irregular.

Anyway...

Friday wasn't so bad and so you can bet I was super excited to get on the speedway track to participate in the Driver Introductions before the ARCA Rattlesnake 150 race. Being the responsible man my husband is, he would not let me drive. Partly because last year I went the wrong way around Texas Motor Speedway with nothing in my system.

The Hubs


I think getting to drive the professional race car drivers around the speedway is the most exciting and rewarding thing I've gotten to do as a guest of Chevy. I've been lucky to participate in the last two racing weekends in a row. One thing I always forget while driving the race car drivers around the track is that the crowd is not cheering and waving at me. Basically what I am admitting here is waving back at the crowd because I thought for a split moment they were my fans...then remembered there was a famous dude in the back of my 2010 Silverado truck waving to the crowds.

Oops.

Nobody saw that right?

I'll just file that into my mind file of forgettable moments.

Here's Charlie of Burnout Radio waiting in the lead truck to pick up his driver. We lost him for a moment on the track.

Charlie of Burnout Radio dot Com


This is Amber, a car junkie. According to her, this is also the most clothes she's worn to a racing event.

Amber in Silverado Getting Ready for Driver Intros at Texas Motor Speedway


This is me standing outside my 2010 Chevy Silverado before we picked up our driver. I think I look like a short Mexican. Probably because I am. Well, a 1/4 Mexican that can't speak a lick of Spanish.

Me standing outside my 2010 Chevy Silverado for Driver Intros


Tell that to my white hubs with a Chinese name that speaks fluent Spanish.

Soon enough, we were told to get ready and follow the lead to the driver introductions area.

Waiting in LIne for Driver Intros


Here's the basic run down:

ChevyTMS25

ChevyTMS26


This is the dude we drove around. Also famous. Even if I have no clue who he is. (He's cute though!)

My Guy for the Driver Intros

ChevyTMS27

ChevyTMS28

ChevyTMS29

ChevyTMS30


Then the race began...we stayed for the first six laps and then had to return home to relieve our babysitter of our children. It was a good thing we stayed for that short time, because unknown to us at that moment was that both Saturday's and Sunday's races were postponed until Monday due to rain. Like all things, good or bad, they must come to an end. I'm just hoping this kick butt cold is next.

Disclosure: Chevy paid for my experience at Texas Motor Speedway this weekend. Well, not the Lortab, ibuprofen, Benadryl, and NyQuil induced parts.

Full Disclosure

10 Comments:

Javier Mendoza said...

Totally awesome post! ! I always like checking out your posts and pics, it looks like a great time! I wish I could have gone but reading your post is almost like being there so I'm good!

Screwed Up Texan said...

Javier! Will try to get you tickets next time to the races. Perhaps this fall? I look forward to your comments.

Mainline Mom said...

Love this post! As a Houston Chevy Girl on the Go I was invited to this event and really really wanted to go, but just couldn't make it happen.

Candance said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Candance said...

You took off comment moderation, didn't you? Crap. a. chicken. Delete what I said about that cute boy! Delete it!! I'm so e-mailing you right now.

Robyn said...

Man! Do you know how to have fun at a race!?!? What an awesome experience, Nyquil induced or not!

Screwed Up Texan said...

Okay Candance, I deleted the comment although let me say I thought it was hilarious!

NitWit1 said...

There are some things you just can't miss for any reason, so we tank up on drugs or whatever to get us through, which you did in grand style.

NOW to the bug.......don't let it linger too long without professional attention. Around here it is a tenancious little devil of a virus.

Candance said...

Thank you, Baby Jesus!!

texasholly said...

Yep, you were the ONLY one that got in on that fun this weekend! But...the Monday race was amazing even if I didn't get to drive around the track and be cheered at! hahaha. Love that.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin