Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, April 19, 2010

The Chevy, I Mean Nascar Experience

Leanin against Chevy Equinox


Last year Chevy made me a NASCAR fan, so you can bet when they asked me again this year if I'd like to come to the races at Texas Motor Speedway as their guest, then you can bet I accepted with speed. After all, racing is one sport even I can understand: Go fast, turn left, don't wreck.

Also, I like to check out the hillbilly rednecks (who knew goatees can be styled?):

ChevyTMS12


I've never seen a surgeon general's warning so large in my life:

ChevyTMS13


Midget race cars (really, I have no idea what this is):

ChevyTMS10


Did someone say free?

ChevyTMS14


Race car drivers and their fans don't need no firm feeling women...they apparently just need a firm mattress:

ChevyTMS11


Nothing quite beats two blow up fantasy women duct taped to surfing boards on an old car parked on the side of the road outside the the speedway.

Wait, were you waiting for a photograph of that? Well I was going to take one and once my husband saw that I was he sped ahead and wouldn't turn around. At least I should be proud that I'm the only female thing he needs.

Of course, as most Chevy events go, there was the lineup of Chevy vehicles for us to test drive on their little parking lot road course.

ChevyTMS9


Personally, I was only interested in driving the Camaro, but as the rules also always go I had to drive another vehicle first. So, I picked the Chevy Malibu which was cool and all, but got much better once Charlie of Burn Out Radio stepped in to test drive it. Then we got into the Camaro with Nick of Burn Out Radio and he took us for a spin in it. I learned two things during those two experiences:

1.) You can scare a Chevy employee with too much speed.
2.) The Chevy Traverse and Camaro handle gravel better than a Chevy Malibu.

That's exactly what I put on my questionnaire at the end.



Something else the Burn Out Radio crew taught me--'tis better to shoot in RAW.

For example, the Chevy Equinox:

Chevy Equinox


The Chevy Equinox with Chevy chicks:

Leanin against Chevy Equinox


PS: Nothing quite starts the races off by drinking a Dr Pepper.

Customary Dr Pepper


In fact, I think I've got the entire Chevy crew drinking the nectar of the gods now. Seriously Dr Pepper, partner up with me, I mean Chevy, if you know what's good for you.

Disclosure: Yes, Chevy sponsored me to the NASCAR races as their guest. Yes, we really did scare that one Chevy employee. You should've seen the look of fear on his face.

Full Disclosure

5 Comments:

Foursons said...

So cool and it looks like it didn't rain. It ALWAYS rains at the TX race!

The Boob Nazi said...

My favorite "surgeon general's warning" (I'm not sure what it is in the UK) was SMOKING KILLS written in huge letters on a pack in Scotland. Best warning ever.

Screwed Up Texan said...

Foursons, I wish I could say it wasnt so, but Saturday and Sunday got rained out.

Boob, To the point...I like that.

cfoxes said...

Scaring the employees is so something I would have enjoyed!

J.J. said...

I am a Texan. I married a military man...so I do not currently live there. I love me some dr. Pepper. my Mom used to work at the dr pepper plant when she was in college. I also reeeeally love that yellow camaro!

new to your blog btw!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin