Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Best Medicine

Trentsilly1


Every once in awhile, I post my middle son's silly face. I can't help but laugh when I do--I mean I think he has got one of the funniest faces I have ever seen. I remember when I was his age and tried to make funny faces and mine never hardly ever got a laugh.

Call it what it is, I laugh at my son.

But who wouldn't?

He and I make it a contest now to see if he can create a sillier face than his last. I whip out my camera and start shooting away while he pulls funny faces for ten minutes.

Trentsilly2


He's going to hate me when he's older.

Sometimes I feel badly about exploiting his cross-eyes. Truth be told, he can't help it. He and his older brother have a condition known as nystagmus that make their eyes shake back and forth (although my middle son certainly has the worse of the two). When he tries to control his eyes, like when making silly faces, his eyes go wonky and that is why he makes perfect silly faces without much effort.

Trentsilly3


Yep, I think I am going to hell.

Or at least this kid is going to give me hell when he's older and understands that his momma has been laughing at his eyes this whole time.

Oh well, I guess he can laugh at my crooked teeth.

Or my pointed ear.

Or my green bean lips.

I deserve it.

I love that little boy and don't know what I'd do without him. He may have goofy eyes, but he is still the most perfect little boy to me.

Trentsilly4


Mommas are always biased. Or at least this one here is.

Besides, laughter is the best medicine, right?

I'll dig myself out of my hole later.

7 Comments:

Foursons said...

He is so handsome, and yes he makes the BEST silly faces!

Paula said...

Little boys are special to their mommas. My "little" boy just told me last night he's going to propose to the love of his life. He's 26.

Jennifer said...

haha sad thing is i would do the same thing if my kid made funny faces...

Le'Ann Ruggles said...

Awww, exploit, I mean enjoy it while it lasts. My boy used to pose for me... now he usually hides when I get out the camera.

oddharmonic said...

My kiddo has mild strabismus (crossed eyes) that looks like one eye crossing inward while the dominant eye at the moment is looking at something. It doesn't bother her much but it looks wonky in photos from time to time. I agree, it makes for hilarious funny face photos!

Melissa :) said...

Aw, he's cute! Crossed eyes? Funny faces yes, but in the last photo they look pretty perfect to me!

I promise you a Dr. Pepper. Someday. :)

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

I'm glad you ended with a "normal" picture. He's a handsome little guy.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin