Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Roadtrip by Ear and Recipe Box Number Two

PossumKingdomRoadCut


Well, we finally decided to take off this morning for Spring Break vacation. We really don't have a plan and have no real idea where we are going or what we are doing, but we loaded up the tent just in case, and are keeping our fingers crossed that it's not too cold at night nor too hot during the day. If all else fails, we're getting a hotel.

Our plans are to leave at the crack of dawn and drive south. We are going to check out a camping ground recommended to us. So far the only sites left are first come first served sites, so if we get there and it's full we'll be getting a hotel somewhere near San Antonio. There's a few things we'd like to see in San Antonio, namely the Riverwalk and the Alamo. I'm bringing my camera to take plenty of photographs.

If time allows, I'd also like to drive west and see Luckenbach, Texas and a few other Hill Country sites to photograph. I'm hoping and praying for warmer weather down south (I had to bring in my vegetable plants because it's supposed to drop to nearly freezing while we are gone!). Keep your fingers crossed for me that San Antonio stays warm like Texas is supposed to be for me kay?

Seriously, I think I am going to go insane if just one more cold or gloomy day creeps up on me.

(Would you gripe if I confessed to heating my kitchen with my double oven every morning this week?)

In the meantime, check out these two recipes featured on Screwed Up Texan Recipes:

Spiced Ginger Peanut Chicken

Spiced Ginger Peanut Chicken


Ginger Rosemary Tea

GingerTea2


PS: If you'd like to follow along in my adventure the next couple days, check me out on Twitter! I got a Verizon Droid in January and am loving that I can stay connected online with it. You never know when I'll say something outrageous. Or on the other hand, save your sanity.

11 Comments:

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

Have a great trip. I'm sure you'll have gorgeous pics when you get back.

Leiah said...

I know the pictures will be fabulous but more importantly, I can't wait to see what adventures y'all get into because y'all cannot do anything normal and I absolutely LOVE IT!

PennsylvaniaBelle said...

Let's go to Luckenbach Texas with Waylon and Willie and the boys..You had to know that song would come to mind! Y'all have a good time!

Foursons said...

Well today it's getting up in the 70's. Supposed to be downright cold this weekend and of course by the time Spring Break is over for you we'll be back in the 70's. Sorry chica.

ForeverRhonda said...

I know what you mean about the cold and gloom. FYI I got the picture frame. I've been meaning to send a thank you card...except I'm lazy or busy or something...you know. Anywho..it's supposed to be 70 tomorrow and then snows on Saturday. what.is.that? seriously!

Screwed Up Texan said...

Mindee, thanks I can't wait to get down there (were almost to Austin)

Leiah, you should see me on twitter right now...so funny!

Penn belle, I love that song!

Foursons, I heard! Argh! My timing is horrible!

Screwed Up Texan said...

Forever rhonda, snow, seriously?

DangGina said...

I'm so bloody jealous of the warmth you're experiencing down thar in Texas. Even when it's "cold" you ain't got nuttin' on a SE Idaho spring. (You know I'm right.) Still, I hope the weather holds out and be's warm for you...

I hear it's supposed to snow here tomorrow...then back up to the 50s by Sunday. (HOW is that even possible?!)

Have fun wingin' it!

The Boob Nazi said...

Wow! You left with no specific destination? Awesome. I'd be too scared.

Alex said...

Ohhhhhh you're gonna have so much fun!!! My wife and I have jumped into the car before without an acutal destination!!! Some ccall you crazy, other wish they could do the same!!!

I wish I were on the road right now!!!! lol

Screwed Up Texan said...

DangGina, I should tell you about the first day of spring here.

The Boob Nazi, Oh I was freaking out!

Alex, Can't wait to tell all about it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin