Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Grown Up Hair Cut - Splurge Salon

AllieMarch2010_1


After my haircut fiasco a month ago with the crazy Asian lady who chopped up my hair, I decided it might be worth my while to get a real grownup haircut for once. Ever since that haircut I've been looking for another salon that could undo the damage that was done and make me look like I was living in 2010 and not 1993.

It was certainly going to be a challenge.

Enter Splurge Salon.

Splurge Salon contacted me about two weeks after my haircut fiasco to see if I wanted to get my hair cut and styled for free, in exchange for a review of their business. Of course, I was more nervous than a sweating pig, but I figured why not give them a try. I mean what's the worse that could happen besides them going Britney Spears and shaving my head?

I was also nervous because I am the type of person that balks at haircuts with a price tag over $30. However, as I found out the last time, sometimes it pays to fork over the dough so I don't look like I just came out of prison.

It was time to visit this Dallas hair salon.

I took a deep breath, committed to the hair appointment valued at $65, and arrived ten minutes late.

That's when I met my hair designer who would be working on my hair that day. I warned her my hair was going to be a challenge, but she took one look at my 1993 do, had a couple laughs with me, and handed me a Dr Pepper as she confidentially began evening out my layers.

Forty-five minutes later, my hair had been washed, cut, and styled. Who knew that paying for a real grownup haircut would be so successful? Well, who knew besides my friends and readers that suggested I might try it sometime.

Thank you for helping me see the light. 2010 salutes you.

AllieMarch2010_3

AllieMarch2010_2


If you are in need a haircut and styling and live within the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex or are just visiting, I highly recommend Splurge Salon in Highland Village. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. They even offer $10 off for each person you refer to them based on a points system so be sure to tell them that Screwed Up Texan sent you. They are also gratuity free, meaning they don't accept tips. Oh and bang trims are free in between cuttings--which is good for me to know. Now who does that? Besides, they're located at the Shops of Highland Village and that's the best outdoor mall close to me in my not so humble opinion.

Finally, I think my husband is jealous of me showing off my hair.

ShenMarch2010_1


Splurge Blurb: Splurge Salon is where premier designers and world class color experts heighten your confidence and enhance your style. They’re North Texas chic with a French connection, combining creativity and talent with salon innovation to give you the advantage of looking your very best.

And I think they did a great job.

Disclaimer: Splurge Salon in Highland Village, Texas paid for my haircut and style valued at $65 in exchange for a review. Aren't you glad they did? I am.

That Dr Pepper sure was a nice touch.

13 Comments:

Leiah said...

Cute do! Before I moved here I had the same stylist for 13 years. Now I've only gotten my hair cut twice in 18 months - I used to be sitting in his chair every 6th Saturday like clockwork. I miss him but at least I'm not spending $95 every 6 weeks, right? {{sigh}}

Jill C. said...

Love the new look! If you ever come to Ohio there's plenty of Dr. Pepper in my fridge!

Mahala said...

Lurve the do!!! And your hubby is a cutie patootie :)

DangGina said...

I love it! Seriously, it looks great! -I've got a story or two for you about depressing hair cuts...oh boy...

ForeverRhonda said...

It's absolutely cute! I love the cut!

Screwed Up Texan said...

Leiah, I know the feeling--I had a great hair stylist that moved a couple years ago. Over the last two years I have got my hair cut perhaps three times because I can't find a stylist that I like. Splurge totally sold me.

Jill, I remind you said that if I ever do come to Ohio.

Mahala, I'm going to tell him you said that. It'll totally make his day.

DangGina, Oh you must tell!

Thanks Forever Rhonda!

Robyn said...

Loving your new "do"! I bet your husband is jealous! Your hair is gorgeous!!

Foursons said...

They contacted you?! Ugh- please tell me how to get as famous as you. I need a free haircut too!!! Waaaaaa!

Screwed Up Texan said...

Robyn, You're right he's jealous! LOL!

Foursons, Yes! I signed up through Business 2 Blogger to do the review of Splurge! If you haven't signed up with them, I completely recommend that you do. It was started by three of my friends.

Vanessa said...

It has taken me forever to find the person who can cut hair well. I hope you have found yours.

Great Clips?? I hope you never utter that name ever again. It's a swear word. That is where all the fresh beauty school graduates go to "practice".

You look FAB!

AZ Mommy said...

Love the hairdo. Although I will say my first thought when I looked at the top photo was "she totally needs a nose ring" Random I know.

Stacie said...

Well, if I'm ever in Texas....

The do looks lovely!

bianca said...

I love it girl! Man you rock those bangs!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin