Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Brighter Side of PMS

NSR11


I like to look on the brighter side of life when I can. Personally, feeling optimistic has been very hard on me the last couple months because the weather's been mostly cloudy and cold. For some reason I have a hard time being a peaceful and happy person when winter rolls around. I get antsy and yet I don't feel like doing anything except lounging in my husband's sweats all day. I have constant thoughts of moving to San Antonio to beat the cold. Some of y'all call it Seasonal Affective Disorder. I call it Smart Arse Disease.

I ask myself: Why is it I moved to Texas? Oh ya, to live where it's warm and sunny. Because Wyoming's cold and wind made me want to lock myself up with a rabid badger and have at it.

Last week, finally, the weather decided to cooperate with me. We had a few sunny days, and the temperature even rose to the middle 60s. That's when I got hungry and began cooking up a storm in my 1970s harvest gold kitchen.

Cakes, pies, eggs, candies, cheese sandwiches, pizza, and pasta. A harvest to get rid of the wintertime blues. I made five trips to the grocery store in three days. The food made me happy and somehow completed me in a way I couldn't at the time describe.

Or at least that's what I told myself until Sunday when I realized that I had just been PMSing. Dang food cravings.

Looking on the bright side: I got several recipes written and scheduled to post on Screwed Up Texan Recipes.

Looking on the crappy side: My tummy control pants are giving me belly cramps from the bloating. That and the combination of wearing them straight out of the dryer is cutting off the circulation to my intestines.

Looking again on the bright side: I can't eat as much as a result of my torturous tummy tucking jeans. In fact, my husband just might get seconds tonight...which brings me to another point--I'm so happy he weighs as much as me now.

The bad side: Weight. That's what living with a food craving PMSing woman does to you after nine years together.

Come on folks, y'all know what I'm talking about.

PS: My daffodils began to bloom last week and the trees are beginning to bud. Oh, and it's going to be 75 F today. Bring it on!

12 Comments:

NitWit1 said...

AH memory. At least you reminded me of another reason to eat PMS. Unfornately I will have a hard time using that for my excessive fondness of food. How about depression and frustratin??

Taylor-Made Wife said...

I am so glad its starting to warm up a bit! I love it!

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

I would love to go on a cooking/baking binge but am determined to lose this last seven pounds and cooking diet food? Not fun. Enjoy!

~Amy Jo~ said...

I live in the same area as you so I feel ya' about the gloomy weather. Two crappy Monday's in a row just about did me in. However, today is beautiful. What a difference the sun makes!
Tummy control pants: Talk to me.

ForeverRhonda said...

I have had this problem, I never realized how bad it was until I moved to Oklahoma, because winter is not so tough in Florida. I am negotiating my move back to sunnier climates with the fiance as I post this comment. I don't care what it's called. I need the sun...on a plus note it is supposed to hit 70 here today, but alas we will still have wind gusts of up to 30 mph...what is with that??

DangGina said...

Oh man. I SO understand the SAD thing; although I'm not depressed, I think I'm just barely shy of it, when winter lives on and on. And on. (I live in SE Idaho, after all...) Last week was GLORIOUS, I tell you; we were in the mid-40s, and it was AWESOME! All damn week, it was beautiful; sunny, blue skies make me smile!

Then this week happened. I blame it on Monday, because it somehow makes sense. (Monday is a horrible day.) It feels much more like winter today than it feels like spring. UGH!

PS I love food.

Screwed Up Texan said...

NitWit1, I don't know what I'll do once menopause sets in.

Taylor-Made Wife, Ah yes! Nothing better indeed.

Mindee, I've got a whole wheat pancake recipe coming up next week. You live in a place full of wheat so it might just be right up your alley. Full of fiber.

Amy Jo, Tell me about it. Yesterday I nearly cried when I saw blue skies at 6:30 pm.

Forever Rhonda, but doesnt the breeze feel perfect...wait. I've been cleaning windows all day so I'm just sweating.

DangGina, Oh I remember those Idaho winters...girl come visit me sometime--say mid July.

Foursons said...

Oh, oh, oh! Move to SA! That'd be awesome!

Jennifer said...

Oh Lord, can I relate... And I'll probably be going through something similar very soon. (Oh, joy.)

But, I'm glad spring is finally reaching both our corners of the world and really showing in the plants. :) It makes everything so bright and comfortable! :D

Screwed Up Texan said...

Foursons, Only b/c you're there!

Jennifer, OH yes, today was wonderful here...75 and sunny. Perfect breeze blowing around. Just crossing my fingers it doesnt snow again. It'd be me to jinx myself.

PennsylvaniaBelle said...

Try PA sometime..truly miserable! My pms gives me crazy cravings, usually reese's cups.

Alex said...

'PMSing' lol I don't mean to laugh, but my wife calls it that and I have never once questioned this word as I know what it means....

All these years I thought she had made it up!!!! LOL!!!

See what happens when you don't question?!?! :o)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin