Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, February 1, 2010

Trailer Trash


So remember last summer when I had the bushes in my backyard trimmed professionally after begging my husband for months to do it himself? Except that he still to this day thinks that I actually pruned them and then bundled the trimmings in the trailer all by my lonesome. The deal we made back in August was that he'd take the trimmings to the dump since I worked so hard.

I should have known better when we made that deal, because lo and behold the trimming trash has sat in our rusty trailer for nearly five months. Five months. No amount of nagging was getting my husband to make the ten minute drive to the dump.

So I did as any other exasperated wife would do and pulled over the Code Enforcement officer in our neighborhood one day after picking up our children from school.

Me: "Hey! Hey there...um I was wondering if you could go by my house and give me a ticket. You see I've had a pile of trimmings in my trailer for five months and my husband keeps promising to take it to the dump, but he never does. If you give me a ticket, I am sure he'll finally get rid of it."

Code Enforcement Dude: "Um, sure...okay. I'll just leave it on your front door."

Me: "Oh thank you! You probably don't get many people that ask for tickets do you?"

Code Enforcement Dude: "Nope. This has got to be the first."

So, my husband came home from work, saw the ticket on the doorknob, and did as any unsuspecting homeowner would do--freaked out. To my happiness, sure enough, my plan worked and five days later my husband made his way to our municipal dump and got rid of the trailer trash.

I couldn't be a happier witch...I mean wife.

Now to figure out what to do with another plugged up toilet.

PS: If you know my husband personally and divulge any of this to him, I will hunt you down.

PPS: Please ignore this following bit of stupid code needed for something else: YDKWWNMYDWZS

11 Comments:

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

Sometimes a wife has to do what a wife has to do.

Thanks for entering my contest. :)

Gloria said...

HAHAHA That a REAL GOOD one! Good for you!

The Durham Family said...

Great plan!! I feel your pain! My husband has a riding and push lawn mower and trying to get him to mow our yard is pure hell. In the spring, when i need to give people directions to our house, I just say...."look for the yard with knee high grass".

Melessa said...

Sweet! We live in a rural area with no city codes. And my yard looks like it. :(

Foursons said...

Genius...pure genius!

Becky said...

Oh my gosh! So smart! I probably would have taken it myself and been so pissed.

NitWit1 said...

Love this. I've considered this myself like the time my husband was going to put up a shed "wherever he pleased." Being the only honest alderman in town,I invited the code enforcement officer by to casually inspect my husband's project. Hmmmm, he was advised to get a permit before work progressed.

Screwed Up Texan said...

Durham Family, now ya know what to do :) You just have to keep a straight face when your hubs freaks out.

Erin said...

That is seriously hilarious. Did they charge you money, or was it kind of a "fix-it" ticket where you just have to get it done?

Sammy Nams said...

Hilarious story! How does your husband not read your blog? What if he is and didn't tell you? LOL Got a good late night laugh.

Screwed Up Texan said...

Erin, Ha! Lucky him, it was only a warning ticket.

Sammy, My hubs is too busy playing WoW to read my blog, lol.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin