Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Texas Sized Snow Day


There's no worse job in the world than to be a weatherman. It is my opinion that forecasting weather is just about as difficult as predicting my mother-in-law's menopausal mood. Or my premenstrual mood to that matter. But weather forecasting may just take the cake. In fact, there's two weather forecasters I won't ever wake up to: Al Roker and Al Gore. Because apparently neither one of them can get the weather straight.

Thursday, North Texas saw record snowfall beating both 1917's and 1964's measurements of 7.8 inches of snow in any 24 hour period. We got 9.5 inches. Or ten. Or eleven. Or thirteen. Depending on who you were listening to.

In any case, what does one do with Texas-sized snowfall accumulations anyway? Well, you could truck it out of city parks like we saw one guy doing. You could also totally ignore it and jog in your tanktop and short-shorts like I saw a very blonde lady doing. You could also be totally cool in more ways than one and rock out in your Baskin Robins best to advertise your ice cream shop. In the snow no less. Because that's what Texans do after all. Right?


But the best thing to do, and what we saw most folks doing, was creating Texas-sized snowmen out of that fluffy white stuff. Like my neighbor's seven foot snowman:


A random snowman on a road median (there were lots of these):


A very interesting snowman at one of the city's parks:


There were even snowpigaroos--that's a cross between a pig and a kangaroo in case you wondered:


Our family however did as we did best and made our boys' favorite: the four foot high snowturtle:

He Makes a Mother Proud

The two foot high snowtoilet (which they later turned into a snowcar):

There's a Dog Turd at the Bottom. It may or may not have peanuts in it.

And my favorite--the seven foot tall transgendered snowman. It started off female,


and then my husband knocked her boobs off.


He said the snowboobs were totally inappropriate.

I thought it made sense since she had nuts in her eyes. They were pecans.

Even the neighbors, such as Argentina from Guatemala and her husband, took photos with our snow creations. Personally, I couldn't have been more proud. Or cold.


Thanks Al.

18 Comments:

LoveFeast Table said...

I personally love the turtle!

Jennifer said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun. We got 4 inches where I am in Georgia. It was nice. A lot of people made snowmen, but I didn't this year... Maybe if it snows again in March, during my spring break, (haha) I will. March is typically when we see our little bit of snow.

Screwed Up Texan said...

Lovefeast! I still can't believe my husband labored over it like he did. Turned out great!

Jennifer, March is also when we usually get our snow. I was so surprised when we got as much as we did. It's almost all melted now, but there's still some on the ground in patches.

R.J. said...

The seven foot snow-person has on the head two ears, or two horns? Great pictures. Snow in Texas sounds like a special treat. In Philly, we call it lots of things, none of which I can share here.

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

It does my heart good to see people actually enjoying the snow instead of cursing as we've been doing here.

Al Gore . . . heh, heh. Good one.

Melissa :) said...

Baha! These are hilarious!! The one at the park is priceless. :)

I want to be a Meteorologist when I grow up. They are the only people I know who can consistently be wrong & make loads of money doing it. Teehee. Ü

Foursons said...

I'm sooooo jealous! We had 70 degree weather yesterday down south on the I35 corridor. J.E.A.L.O.U.S.

And by the way- the black and white photo of your son is beautiful.

Screwed Up Texan said...

RJ, The Hubs says they're ears. I think they're horns.

Mindee, I crack myself up.

Melissa, Now why didnt I think of that occupation. Quick, I am going back to school.

Foursons, No bragging! I WANT 75 degree weather. I am sick sick sick of the cold I tell ya.

ForeverRhonda said...

I love the snow turtle. I need to put my snow pics up...lazy I know.

Karen said...

Wow....that's a lot of snow for y'all. Some of those snow creations were a riot. AND how dare your husband knock the boobs off your poor snow woman.....I am sure she never saw the mastectomy coming.

DangGina said...

OH, but have you ever seen The Weatherman with Nicolas Cage? I got it (clean flix style) and liked it. Of course, people throw food and stuff at him. Being a weatherman could be hard stuff, you know?

Looks like good times. I love your snow turtle!

And...personally...I'm ready for spring!

Screwed Up Texan said...

ForeverRhonda, Yes, yes I'd love to see the snow photos!

Karen, I know! I thought she looked quite dainty with her boobs. And they werent even "that" big.

DangGina, Yes! I remember that movie. In fact, beside N Cage getting a drink thrown at him, the only other part I remember is his daughters camel toe. Thanks for the memory.

I'm ready for spring too.

NitWit1 said...

The son with the crossed eyes and COWBOY JACKET makes this ex Texan proud--still my favorite pro team.

In north AR we got 10 inches and there were some interesting snow men.

This has been the most unusual year weather wise and snow wise.

But enjoy it July will be here before you know it.

Candance said...

Dude, you made a snow turtle. You're hardcore.

Still can't believe the hubs knocked your transgendered snowperson's boobs off.

Screwed Up Texan said...

NitWit1, I'm surprised they havnt converted you to a Razorback fan. THey must think you're pagan.

Candance, I can't believe it either. Oh, and I should clarify--my husband made the snowturtle all by himself b/c I was no way helping his anal retentive perfectionist butt. He had the kids help with the shell bumps though.

Robin said...

Wow thats incredible for Texas...we want to move down south to get away from snow..but now we dont know if it will be worth it..because its always snowing down south now..LOL...great pics BTW..Im following from FB..

Wander said...

Girl....your snow is awesome!
We've been snowed in for several days now.....it's not that much fun anymore.
I'm going to be a mess when I have to complete a full week of school again!
We've missed so much...it's going to kill us to go back to normal!
Grrrr.

Wym said...

I am totally making a snow toilet when it snows in south Texas!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin