Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday Post Shout Out

Screwed Up Texan





One of the most rewarding things for me to do as a writer and blogger is interacting with my readers! Whether I'm reading your blog, responding to your comments or giving stuff away, building a thriving community is very important to me. Since I do read and comment on so many other blogs, I thought it would be fun to each Friday create a list of blog posts that I've read during the week that I find hilarious, moving or useful that I thought you'd also be interested in. Maybe you shared a delicious recipe...maybe you shared an embarrassing story. Will I list one of your posts?

The pressure is on!

I think it is so much fun when we all share stories and information with each other. Plus I need some good Karma over here.

In no particular order, here are three blog posts that I think you should check out and why--be sure to visit those blogs and leave them a comment if you feel so inclined!

1.) Hidden Mahala -- Half Nekkid Hoochie Mamas -- Mahala is a new follower, and when I visited her blog I could not stop laughing while reading this post. Probably because I can totally relate. Definitely a must read for a good belly laugh.

2.) Crazy Texas Mommy -- When You Have a Tween Girl, Sometimes the Radio is the Only Weapon you Need -- Seriously, this lady's life reminds me of one of my favorite movies, Mermaids.

3.) Our Front Door -- The Best Parent/Teacher Conference Ever -- Mindee just experienced a great parent/teacher conference with her ADHD son's teacher. Other conferences haven't gone so swell. I'm only hoping one day I can relate..

Did you run across a blog post or two this week that you think is worth mentioning and sharing? Then blog about it on your blog and leave a link to your blog post below in MckLinky! Make sure you let your readers know they can find other great posts participating right here on Screwed Up Texan. I think this will be a fun way for each of us to find blogs and posts that we may have never come across otherwise! Let the fun and blog hopping begin! (Be sure to add the Friday Post Shout Out button at the top of this post to your post or blog!)

Just a few reminders if you are participating in Friday Post Shout Out with Mr. Linky:
  •  MckLinky is open now and will not close until Saturday evening while I'm getting this started to give you more time to gather all those great blog posts you've read together.
  • In MckLinky below, type in the name of your blog and then link directly to your Friday Post Shout Out post and not just to your blog.
  • Please link back to Screwed Up Texan so that others can enjoy all the great blog posts out there.
  • Remember the Golden Rule of Blogging: Comment, comment, comment!! Make our Friday Post Shout Out participants happy!

11 Comments:

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

Oooooh! Fun! I've never seen this idea before. I've already posted today but I'll have to try this next week. Thanks for linking to me. :)

Oh and I love your new comment rules.

DangGina said...

Dang, I don't have time to post today. But I want people to check out my brother's blog, because it makes me smile! You saw my blog post that I did mid-week; shall we say that one counts? I think I want to say it counts. Okay. I'm setting up a link. Don't hate, Allie! :)

PS If I ever see you in person, I'll have a Dr Pepper in hand. For you.

Alex said...

I love the way your blog changes and grows and the ideas that you have. :o)

Brilliant as usual! :o)

Mahala said...

OMG! Thanks for the linky lurve :)I love your sense of humor. Life isn't meant to be taken too seriously.

Screwed Up Texan said...

Mindee, Yeah! Can't wait to see your post next week...you can still enter it as late as tomorrow evening if you like as well.

DangGina, Thank you for adding your link to MckLinky. Your brother's embarrassing moments quote cracked me up. Especially the comments.

Alex, Thank you Alex!

Mahala, You're welcome and I agree!

Free Business Training said...

I just gotta say, I love the Screwed-up Texan moniker. I worked in the oil patch in Wyoming in the early 90's, every couple months we would require the services of some "good ole boys" from, as they so often and loudly proclaimed, "East Texas."

Don't get me wrong, they were good guys, but "Screwed-up Texan" dosen't even scratch the surface. :-)

Helene said...

What a great idea!!! This is such a wonderful way for your readers to discover new blogs!!!

Screwed Up Texan said...

FBT, Ah Them dang Roughnecks from East Texas. Figures!

Helene, Thanks! I'll promote it better next week for sure. Thanks for leaving a comment and the followback.

NitWit1 said...

As tonight, I read blogs and comment when I cannot sleep.

Otherwise I would toss and turn.

Farmers Wife said...

Off I go to check out some new blogs listed here!!!! Love yours too!

Tracey said...

Love the Link shout out! Hidden Mahala is a great blog...thanks for turning us on to it.

Here's my blog if you ever care to look...not as funny as yours...but I'm working on it :) Currently chronicaling my last days before turning 40...and they are running out FAST...

http://traceysmidlifemusings.blogspot.com/

Blog Widget by LinkWithin