Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, January 29, 2010

Under Pressure


I'm a big time procrastinator. Lets say I have an important project coming up--I'll probably start working on that project the night before. Sometimes the morning of. I have at least ten recipes with photos that need to be edited and posted on Screwed Up Texan Recipes and I haven't even began yet. The school district has been asking for my son's social security information for a year, and I am yet to give it to them. My oldest son's official state birth certificate says he's a girl, I've yet to have that changed the seven-and-a-half years he's been alive. I like to brag that I just work better under pressure, but let's just face it: I enjoy being lazy.

And I work well under pressure.



Okay. Fine. Mostly I work well under the influence of caffeine.

But then that leaves a lot of explaining as to why I officially have two boys and one girl (I haven't the slightest idea how the school district let me get away with that one).

One of my goals for the last several months (see, there's that procrastination virtue exposing itself again) has been to get my Screwed Up Texan Etsy shop back up and running after letting all my past product listings expire. I finally found the time to order prints and list them earlier this week. If you're interested, check it out! You'll find familiar photographic prints like this one from the Dublin Dr Pepper Bottling Co:


This cactus photograph I took during my trip through New Mexico over the summer:


As well as this photograph of winter berries I took at a local lake. I thought the name Twig and Berries seemed appropriate.


Then again, I do have a weird sense of humor.

And I was running on caffeine fumes.

Next goal: Find a local Walmart that still sells Power Edge energy drink which contains more caffeine that two cups of coffee or in my case over four times more caffeine than my Mormon Coffee (aka Dr Pepper), well mostly because I mix it double strength. Hey but at least my house gets clean. Who can argue with that?

PS: If you ever see a photograph on this blog that you'd like to purchase for yourself or a friend, just send me an email and I'd be happy to include it in my Screwed Up Texan Etsy shop. Including this one:

14 Comments:

Foursons said...

Is it bad that I'm laughing at you and not with you? :D

NitWit1 said...

I have a roomful of those procrastinating projects which my housecleaner says I must get cleaned up, moved out, etc.

Addison said...

Oh I'm sooooo there with you! I am the worst procrastinator, and I too love to say its because I work best under pressure when its totally because I'm just lazy. Love your photography by the way!

Texasholly said...

Whew. I feel so much better about not picking up my third son's birth certificate which is still sitting at the Denton County Courthouse...4 years later.

The Boob Nazi said...

I don't have a problem.

The Boob Nazi said...

Yeah, your comment page doesn't freak out! Why are you so special?!?!?

Screwed Up Texan said...

Boob nazi, Thanks for checking! I changed the comment method back just in case.

Connie Burke said...

Allie, I am totally loving that pic of your son, toward the bottom. Yep, he's your kid.
And I have great faith that you will start tackling everything on your to-do list.
Starting tomorrow.
:-)

suzicate said...

I always procrastinate, but maybe not as bad as you!!!Love the pic of the kid...priceless! His reaction reminds me of my yongest when he was little...always a ham!

Cindy said...

I'm lazy too, my motto is why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? Raising 3 boys doesn't exactly mean you are lazy it just means you learn not to sweat the small stuff.

Sunny said...

I really really want to buy the twig and berries photo, but i'm not sure I will ever be able to look at it without thinking of...you know...a twig and berries! Love it!!!

Candance said...

Dublin DP is the necatar of the gods.

Erin said...

I've been planning on coming over to your blog for a week now, but I've been a total procrastinator.

And now I see that I have been totally missing out. Bad Erin!!

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it

Blog Widget by LinkWithin