Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Break from Winter



It finally warmed up in North Texas over the weekend. The Snowpocalypse may have been a fluke--at least for now. For now the temperature is warm, and that is a good thing. A good thing because my home needed some airing out.




We went to the lake Monday with our boys and Lily, our dog.



My husband showed our boys how to skip rocks in the waves on the lake.




 I think that it's important to note here that my sons have become quite difficult to pose.



In fact, I have to beg them with one dollar bills now. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed none of them are keeping tabs on how much I owe them.



I wandered off and shot photographs, checking back every so often to make sure no one had thrown anyone into the lake. Fortunately, no one felt the need to take a swim.





Might have had something to do with that cool breeze coming off the lake.



Just maybe.

PS: I'll be in Davis, Oklahoma this morning getting free fried pies thanks to Chevrolet on our first ever Chevy Fried Adventure. Well more like lunchtime, but hey fried pies are good at any meal.

7 Comments:

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

I want a fried pie in the WORST way. How do you keep getting these great gigs?

ForeverRhonda said...

You will have to let me know how fried pies are. I do love pies and although I'm not a fan of fried...I am betting that fried pies are delish.

Kristi said...

That last picture of Lily is adorable!

Michelle Hoad said...

It's supposed to be 77 here in Austin tomorrow. I might just wear shorts. Just because I can. I'll freeze all day, but I'm wearing them dangit.

Foursons said...

Fried peas? I cracked up at the slight breeze blowing. I'm not sure how your dog remained standing!

Julie said...

I live in South Texas! Yes - Loving the warmer weather!!!

Julie
www.ridingaside.blogspot.com

Screwed Up Texan said...

Mindee, Ha! I guess they just can't get enough of me (then again, YOU got to be on Rachael Ray!)

ForeverRhonda, Fried Pies are delish. Get a meat one and a fruit one. Davis is about an hour south of you.

Kristi, Thnx, I thought so too!

Michelle Hoad, I'm with you on that one! I am so over winter!

Foursons, Too bad my hair doesnt look all windswept like Lily's.

Julie, All December and half of January I seriously thought about moving to South Texas.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin