Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Racks, Balls, and a Red Neck Show Down



I have a rack.



I have balls.



Apparently seeing as I also now have a surprise pool table courtesy of my husband.

Or as I was corrected on Twitter: He has a pool table. Thankyouverymuch.

The bad part about this whole deal is that now I am the one in charge of keeping the kids from jumping off from the top of it all hours of the day. Bad news indeed--mostly for The Hubs. Just for that, he's probably going to give me the short stick.



Which reminds me--this whole new pool table deal could be a great thing, because I am surely going to use it to practice my billiard skills. Whatever those are. When I do, you can be certain I will be in a bar in Davis, Oklahoma showing those rednecks how to lose their money. You'll be able to find me easy, because I am pretty sure it is the only bar in Davis, Oklahoma. It's also the only bar I know of where the men try to impress the ladies with stories of how they've got a great job at the Family Dollar making $4.50 an hour. Seriously. I kid you not. It really happened. More than once. And then one of the men's wife jerked her husband out of that place faster than a fly on crap. I know. I was drinking cold Dr Peppers--for free on one of their tabs.

I don't make this stuff up!

Most importantly (and along with his World of WarCrack habit), my husband is going to feel like a kid again--and that's the most insane intriguing part.



PS: Minimum Wage was $5.15 an hour at the time of the Redneck Bar Show Down.
PPS: I like dancing with toothless men.

5 Comments:

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

I can't wait for pictures of the first black eye caused by a pool ball!

NitWit1 said...

Yup, should be a source of interesting photos: Those sticks can pt a hurtin' on you, too.

Expat From Hell said...

Won't regale you on the use of pool balls when you're an 9-year-old, which was how old I was when we got ours. Suffice it to say they found new holes.

EFH

ForeverRhonda said...

I have absolutely NO clue where Davis, Oklahoma is...HOWEVER IF you come here please please please let me know. I too want to come and hear the stories. I can drink cold sodas on someone toothless's/toothlesses/toothless' (not sure on that) tab as well as the next gal! PLEEEAAASSSEEEE!

Jennifer said...

Haha, that Tweet about the pool table being "his" was hilarious. :P I wouldn't mind a new pool table. :) We had an air hockey table, but it messed up. :(

Blog Widget by LinkWithin