Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

How I Got Suckered Into the First Grade Program



Update on my son's schooling: His teacher is considering my thoughts and needs a day or two to think things over before she responds. This is partly what I wanted her to do--to respond to me level-headed.

On another note, it's my son's First Grade Program at school tonight. The theme is 'Twas the Night Before Christmas. I had to make the poster. Well, actually somehow I got suckered into making the poster.



Before you tell me how great it is, don't--I have a hard time taking compliments. That and I only spent two hours on it so I know it sucks. Then again, maybe you should bloat my head a little, because I already feel quite crappy for spilling an entire large container of gesso all over the carpet after spending two hours of telling the kids if they spilled any of my paints I would morph into the Evil Destroyer.

Why do threats always seem to backfire on me?

Also for the First Grade Program I am supposed to dress my son up in his "winter pajamas" for the play. Just one problem here...my son doesn't own any "winter pajamas." Heck, to be completely honest I don't think my son has any pajamas. After his last growth spurt I never went pajama shopping for him. Because I guess I thought whitey-tighties were good enough.

Unfortunately I'll have a hard time explaining my sanity to the school if I send my son to the play dressed only in his undies so I need to come up with a fast solution to this predicament. I've got it! My Solution: If you're a reader of this blog and can make it in time, please drop off a pair of boys size 7 winter pajamas in a bucket on my driveway asap.

Yo, Grande Dame Wally World--Here I Come!

PS: Someone asked me to run for a position on the PTA board. Yah right, I'm afraid of back-talking women (my actual response).
PPS: Check out my church's Christmas Party on Whrrl, well because I had a fun time playing the paparazzi (feedreaders will have to click over):


Powered by Whrrl

4 Comments:

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

Oh go ahead and get them all matching winter jammies. It'll make for a cute picture. Anything for a cute picture, right?

Jennifer said...

I guess I should be glad I'm not a mom yet and cannot be suckered into things like this... Of course, I still manage to get suckered into town events and church events, though... Sigh... Guess there's no escape unless you are "one of the kids," huh?

Screwed Up Texan said...

PPPS: My son's best friend's mom gave me a set of winter pjs for my son to wear tonight. Hey, it wasn't in a bucket on my driveway...but it'll work!

ForeverRhonda said...

Glad the pajama situation worked out! I too am always getting suckered into these types of things...maybe one day I'll be able to say No and someone will believe that I'm actually NOT going to do whatever it is they are asking/demanding!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin