Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Morning



Santa Claus came last night.



The kids were up early to find their stashes of goodies left by Santa and his elf. Too early in fact. It was fun to watch the excitement and surprise on their faces this morning when they got up and Santa hadnt brought them coal or even charcoal briquettes.

They couldnt have opened their presents faster.



Who cared if Mom and Dad were still wiping sleepies from their eyes. (My husband calls them goobers.)



In fact, I was so tired I couldnt figure out how to operate my camera.



Santa brought just the right amount of presents!



Do you see the tired look in my eyes? Heck, Lily was wiped out on my lap.



We had to give our kids some guidiance: Like no biting their new toys.



Santa even brought The Hubs some shower products. He must have known that Daddy has been driving horse-drawn carriages this season and coming home smelling like road apples.



My middle son is proud of his new violin.



The best present though? We got a White Christmas! White Christmases dont happen very often here in North Texas.



Snow angels.



The cold.


Snow tracks.



Good thing the white stuff doesn't last long or I'd have to teach them about yellow snow.



Merry Christmas everyone!

12 Comments:

NitWit1 said...

Most of my TX relatives reported snow in amount greater than we presently have.

Enjoy and Merry Christmas

CatLadyLarew said...

Wow! Nothing says Merry Christmas like a new fiddle! Enjoy!

Jennifer said...

Sounds like a fun Christmas! :) Luckily, both my younger brother and I are a bit older now (19 and 14) so we don't wake up at 2AM begging for our parents to let us open things. My dad had to wake me up at 8 this morning. Afterward, I actually took a nap.

Signs of getting old...

ForeverRhonda said...

We were excited Christmas morning too! We got an awesome white Christmas too! I'll put pictures on my blog later for ya.

floridagirlinoklahoma.blogspot.com

Glad you guys had a good Christmas Ally!

<3-Rhonda

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

Less excited about the blizzard here than you are about your white Christmas. Have a merry one!

KMDuff said...

Merry Christmas! Love the white Christmas here in TX, such a surprise considering the 75 degree weather on the 23rd!

Kristi said...

Wow! A white Christmas??? Lucky! Merry Christmas!

the nightingale said...

Glad 2 see the kids had a fun day... it's worth it all to see their face light up with delight on Christmas morning.

p.s. tickled to see the 'white Christmas' u all got & love the spongebob jammies. :)

Rhea said...

I left town for not even 48 hours and I missed ALL THE SNOW! Dagnabbit.

Sheril said...

I love reading your blog so glad you and yours had a good holiday.White christmas and all. I'm in ontario canada and we had a green christmas lol

Jennifer said...

I just moved to Texas - from Michigan - and we literally got stuck in the "white stuff". Never happened to me before...

287 was a wreck.

I posted all about it and put up photos (not good ones) on my Exquisite Juncture blog.

:)

Glad you had a nice Christmas. :)

Screwed Up Texan said...

KM Duff, Ain't that the truth!

Jennifer, Had fun reading your blog. Can't believe everything happened that way for you. I'm linking a couple of your posts on my blog post tomorrow.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin