Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, November 30, 2009

What a Week!



Did you hear--my Thanksgiving was fantastic.



The cool bucket shoes.



The homemade yeast rolls.



The turkey.



The lemon meringue pie accidentally dyed neon highlighter green.



And it was so good. Even if it reminded us of eating Marshmallow Topped Slimer Pie. That's Slimer, not Slimmer. Like that one guy at one of our local Walmarts: His name is Dieter, pronounced Deeter, not Dye-eht-er.

Either that he has a complex.

After spending most of the week cleaning and organizing the garage, I discovered that the last real family photograph we have is over six years old. We don't even have family photographs with our youngest two children in them. Either we are the cheapest family ever or at least the laziest. I decided that since I have a brand new Nikon D40 that I have no excuse not to get out and capture our family now in the pleasant fall weather.

Just how we were going to do that without a professional photographer was beyond me. Let me tell you--I wish we had a professional photographer the other day, because my kids were not cooperative one bit. Every. Single. Shot. I. Took. Royally. Sucked.



Every. Single. Shot. The. Hubs. Took. Royally. Rocked.





I think there is a theme here...



You bet I wore those cool new bucket shoes of mine too:



So I quit giving my husband a hard time for nearly killing himself while repainting the walls this weekend...



And made dinner Saturday of his special request: Creamy Turkey Enchiladas with Homemade Tortillas. Because I felt really bad about putting liquid bronzer on his face before we took family photos. Hey, at least our skin tones now match.



Tell me this--how was your week?

10 Comments:

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

The skin on that turkey is absolutely gorgeous.
I can't even look at that picture of your husband painting though. Yikes!

The Durham Family said...

WOW! What a nice surprise! Never in a million years did I think YOU would ever see my blog!! cool!
You made my day!!! Thank you for wishing me a happy anniversary! You crack me up! The most recent thing that had me in tears was the "CRAP" post! priceless!
Brook...a fellow screwed up texan!

scrappin'soccermama said...

ooohhh...scary paint/ladder picture! Glad he's still safe and glad your Thanksgiving was a good one!

Arizona Sunshine said...

I must say I love the bucket shoes they have an awesome story to. This week was great trimmed my palm tree, got all the little greasy berries every where so i stopped the palm tree and started on the hedge I must say it looks wicked now :) oh and thanks giving was great too

Nancy said...

Can I just say that I love your teeth!! Really, am I allowed to say such a random thing? I do though. They are just really cool and seem like something trademark some movie star would have. I know you are just thinking, "What?? But it is true. You have cool teeth.

Oh, and I applaud your homemade rolls. I feel like such a cop out for intending to make my mother-in-law's delicious crescent rolls and then doing Rhodes instead. Boooo.

NitWit1 said...

The food prep look delicious, especially the cookies. Isn;t it funny we buy expensive cameras and shoot photos of everything but family? I need rto take a picture of me an my husband, wrinkles and all.

PennsylvaniaBelle said...

WOW! Your husband is a daredevil! Just the sight of that gave me anxiety! I love the pictures!

Kristi said...

You look gorgeous in your photos! Love the turtleneck sweater. I wish it was cold enough to wear those here in AZ.

And I'm glad you sweetheart didn't fall and break his neck! Yikes!

Screwed Up Texan said...

Nancy, you're right...nobody has ever said that before about my teeth...ha! But this comment made me think of two actors/famous people with not so perfect teeth:

David Letterman
Sookie on TruBlood

Krisit, Thanks about the sweater! I bought it at a thrift store for $1.50. It is from The Limited.

NitWit1, That's the truth!

Mindee, The turkey was easy to make...all I did was rub some olive oil/salt/fresh sage/garlic under the skin and then roast the bird. Skin was peeeeerrrrfect!

The Durham Family, Yah...um sometimes I keep it a little too real with the crap around here. I like visiting readers when I get the chance!

scrappin'soccarmomma, Next time I'm rattlin the ladder and making him pee his pants, LOL!

Arizona Sunshine, greasy berries off of palm trees? Ew! Don't know if I could that!

Screwed Up Texan said...

PB, I should post a pic with him scaling those two walls with just his hands...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin