Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Daylight Inquiries



Monday morning I awoke to bright, clear blue skies with the sun risen high above the horizon. At first my stomach leaped int my throat my mind thinking that I had way overslept and would have to endure the embarrassment again of explaining to the attendance clerks why my children were late for school. I popped out of bed and began searching for the nearest digital clock--the set top box, my cell phone, perhaps my computer--in a desperate effort to discover just how late I had made my two oldest children.
And that's when through sleepy blurred vision I read the numbers on a digital clock: 7:15 am.

Hallelujah Praise the Lord Thank You Amen! 7:15 am is the earliest I have been awake on a school day since my children began school. No one tell my husband. Although I think he has a sneaking suspicion already.

{Irrelevant Question to Ponder: Anyone know why suspicions have to sneak? Or is it sinking suspicion? Is so, then just how do suspicions sink?}

{Redundant Questions to Ponder: First, why is time change referred to as Daylight Savings Time now that nightime arrives at 5:30 pm? Where is the sunlight savings in that? By losing hours of daylight at the end of the day are we somehow saving something from it?  In 2005, the United States Congress enacted the Energy Policy Act completely screwing with the dates of when most of us in the US change our clocks. Someone out there please tell me where the energy to waking up earlier than usual is because I want mine back. My own version of the Energy Policy Act would include free caffeine and a vitamin B12 shots for everyone. KayThanxBye.}



I know, I am full of perplexing inquiries.

The only good note to setting my clock back one hour is that my husband will now be using the sunlight to his advantage drawing open the curtains in the morning therefor forcing me out of bed for a have-a-good-day-at-work kiss. Oh, and the kids getting to school well on time. Which reminds me that I was lucky Monday--if Daylight Savings Time hadn't been Sunday, then I might have really been explaining myself to the attendance clerks in the front office.

More than likely, those clerks probably would have had a sinking suspicion I was fibbing.

8 Comments:

Mindee said...

I thought we just went OFF DLS? And then we go back on in the spring.

Possibly.

Queen of Quite A Lot said...

The same flippin' thing has happened to me BOTH days this week. Nothing like a major surge of adrenalin to get the day started. I'll be finally adjusted just about the time we spring forward...argh!

Screwed Up Texan said...

Mindee, you're probably right. The whole thing confuses me...lol.

Queen of Quite A Lot, Ha! I see I have company!

Marylin said...

Oh yes that is him!! Funny, small world!! I don't know him all that well but he dated a girl in my YW and I took their pictures for a dance! He is a nice kid! :) How crazy that he ended up in your area!

Young Wife said...

Hey, I just found your blog. You are so funny! I hate time change. I wish Texas was like Arizona and didn't observe the time change.

Trac~ said...

LOL - glad to see that you and the kiddos were on time to school Monday - at least Daylight Savings is good for something, right?! HA! :o)

Screwed Up Texan said...

Marilyn, That is so funny! Next time I see him I will tell him how you know him. Funny thing is that now all the missionaries want me to take photos of them!

Young Wife, I think those Arizonans have things set right. I wish we didnt have time change also. Dont mess with the natural order of sunlight!

Trac~, I'll just keep telling myself that, lol.

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it

Blog Widget by LinkWithin