Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Recipe for Disaster



There may be no going back on this one.

Unless I want to breathe in the fumes of melting plastic again so I can scrape the rest of my green dinner plate off my stove.

Yes, oh yes--my 1974 range has seen better days...

And all because I was too busy snapping shots of fried pies with my new camera to notice my youngest's screams of the melting plate.



I'll be sharing the recipe soon. The recipe on how to make the fried pies--not on how to perfectly melt a hole in a plastic plate.



You can thank me later.

PS: Want to show some Linking Love? Then Grab One of my Buttons!

5 Comments:

Queen of Quite A Lot said...

I have a lovely tray that would perfectly match your plate. Maybe we should introduce them. And the pies? Looks like Mrs. Baird may have a little competition on her hands!

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

I think Santa needs to see these pictures. Someone needs a new oven for Christmas.

Julie K. said...

Yum! Can you please have a bake sale near my house? I need a fried pie!

NitWit1 said...

I had a related similar smelly disaster yesterday. I decided to "cook" a frozen biscuit in the microwave--I don't have to have "brown" but I hit a 5 minute button instead of two and went to read my e-mail. Suddenly I became aware of a layer of smoke all around me, the microwave signaled done, and no smoke alarm in the house was going off.

When I opened the MW, smoke poured out and there was a heap the size of black charcoal on a paper plate.

Still no smoke detector alarm. (Husband changed all batteries-we were waiting for time change)

Now the house stinks of "burnt odor, the Microwave smells every time I use it and I am not breathing well.

Karen said...

I have done stuff like that so many times. More than once I have set an oven mitt on fire, melted plated, bowls, plastic wrap to the stove top, oven and toaster. You will hear no judgment here.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin