Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, October 4, 2009

I had to Buy a New Camera


I purchased a new camera over the weekend, since my youngest decided to destroy my old one. In a way I am happy my old crummy camera is gone, yet on the other hand I am not too joyous over the fact that I had to pay an arm and a leg for a new one. I was really hoping a little more time could have gone by and I could have bought a cool DSLR, but I had to opt for a magenta Nikon CoolPix S220 instead.

I am still nervous about buying the camera and I hope a made a good decision on a point and shoot. Honestly, any digital camera is probably better than my old one that got smashed, and time will only tell if I fall in love with the Nikon CoolPix or if I'll regret making the purchase. I'll have plenty of time this week to decide if this camera is the one for me as I am traveling to Oklahoma on Wednesday and will be sure to be taking tons of photographs while on my short roadtrip.

Today I did a little test run on the Nikon to see just how well the camera performed outdoors, and so far it's proved to be not too shabby. The weather has been rainy and overcast the last couple days, but these are the results:





So, what do you think and was magenta a good color to pick?

9 Comments:

Karen said...

I dig the color! Not bad at all for a point and shoot.

andie said...

woot!!!! Awesome!!! i have been tempted to "break" your camera. lol

Mindee said...

Allie - I think you are an artist at heart and you would take great pics with any camera. :)

Marylin said...

I own a Coolpix and it has been great as my "Fit in my purse" camera! I actually use it do videos the most though cause it's so easy to use!! I think you did quite "smashingly" with the new camera! Love the pics!! :)

NitWit1 said...

I own two digitals, one Nikon DSLR, and a Canon so-called point-n-shoot. I bought two of the Canons to move my husband out of the toss away cameras. I set his Canon on AUTO all the way, showed him focus and zoom, bought him a photoprinter and he is beginning to use it.

Believe me the Canon has a lot of very neat amenities and does macros closer than my DSLR.

I've posted pictures in the past of both. I keep the Canon in my vehicle for stop and take a shot moments that I may wish to replicate later with DSLR.

I think you made a fine choice.

Despite what a lot of us techies ingrain in our minds, GOOD photos are composed even on toss-aways by the eye of the photographer. Many a famous photographer started with a Kodak Brownie.

Happy snapping--lok forward to your trip photos!

Screwed Up Texan said...

Karen, I'll keep my fingers crossed, lol :)

Andie, But only if you give me one of your spares. You do have a spare right?

Mindee, Thanks. You made me smile.

Marylin, I didnt even realize it did videos until after I bought it. Can't wait to learn how to use that feature.

NitWit1, Always words of encouragement from you. I can't wait til I can upgrade to a DSLR. Perhaps at that point I'll give my Nikon CoolPix to the hubs.

jmberrygirl said...

I love, love, love my coolpix. I'm just taking photos to preserve memories, though. NOthing professional. We bought it the night before my college graduation last year and it's been great for vidoes, print photos, blogging, just about anything I've needed.

ForeverRhonda said...

I am on the hunt for a new camera! Let me know how you end up liking that one! Great pics!

Screwed Up Texan said...

jmberrygirl, that is so good to know.

ForeverRhonda, I will definitely keep y'all updated on how I like or dislike it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin