Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, October 17, 2009

I am Ready for Autumn



The spectacular entrance of autumn has set the stage for a grandiose melody of crimson, fire, plum, and citrine. Crisp, cool weather and shortening days have brought about a sense of wonder in the air. Each day I look forward to taking a stroll with my youngest, enjoying these few weeks we have left until winter. Winter, my least favorite season only because I am a pansy for cold.





I am ready for fall to be here--it is welcome. After a smoldering hot summer, I was ready to move back to the high mountain plains of Wyoming to escape the fiery furnace I call home. Normally the heat doesn't bother me, but this year was different. Perhaps it is because I am getting older. Perhaps because I am getting fatter. Perhaps both.




I look forward to autumn each year in anticipation for hayrides, pumpkin patches, spices, delicious desserts, and my all-time favorite holiday: Halloween. There is something about dressing up each year and stealing the kids' chocolate candies that turns the corners of my mouth up in glee. Autumn gives me a good excuse to act like a child again--and get away with it.



What is your favorite time of the year? Most importantly, what should I dress up as for Halloween?

6 Comments:

Kristi said...

Oh how I miss Fall! There's not really a good Fall season in AZ. It's just a slightly cooler version of summer.

blessedintexas said...

Beautiful pictures!

Farandy Rachman said...

Nice pictures & i really like ur blog,.,
simple but attractive

NitWit1 said...

I love to see color in Texas. Despite the heat you've had enough rainfall to get some color. Beautiful.

Lorilee said...

I am SO happy to finally be getting some cooler weather. I was really getting tired of sweating each time I set foot out the door!
Blessings,
Lorilee

Screwed Up Texan said...

Kristi, that is like what we call our winters...extended season of fall. Although I am sure your winters are probably much milder...can I come visit again soon? You know like when late Jan early Feb hits and the cold makes me depressed? Ha!

Blessed in Texas, Thank you!

Farandy, Thank you also!

NitWit1, Last year we had an awesomely beautiful autumn and I hope this year is the same. Perhaps I should visit Lost Maples sometime?

Lorilee, I am with ya on that one! Blessings to you too!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin