Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, October 23, 2009

Buick - It's Not Your Grandmother's Car



There's nothing better than having friends and especially friends that you want to be around. I love my friends over at General Motors. I really do. Mostly I love them, because they tell me to do crazy things like spill pizza on the leather seats of a 2010 Buick LaCrosse. See they understand me..they understand my need to be different than the crowd. They complete me. Besides, who passes up pizza? Not me.



I have to be honest with you that when General Motors first approached me about the 2010 Buick LaCrosse that I laughed at the very idea of a Buick being an elegant car that I as a young mother would want to own. One thought kept coming to my mind: my grandmother's and college boyfriend's white boats of Buicks. My perception of Buick owners were that of Geeks, Gangsters, and Geezers. In fact, after Donna from GM invited me to a Buick event I went home and thought of a slogan for the Buick brand: "The Buick Stops Here" to which my other Twitter friend responded, "And Usually on the Side of the Road and Out in the Middle of Nowhere." I had a good and long laugh that night.

Then I actually took the time to look up the new 2010 Buick LaCrosse online and realized the joke was really on me.

I discovered Buick's new sleek design, polished performance, and mastered maneuverability--like a starlet--all caught up in ambient blue interior lighting. There was something special about this car and in the back of my mind I could hear a small voice telling me: "Buick--It's Not Your Grandmother's Car" over and over again.

I was mesmerized.



That's when an idea took a hold of me and I finally suggested it on Twitter last night to General Motors: "How about we take a cruise to Wally World in the new 2010 Buick LaCrosse?" to which they enthusiastically agreed. This wasn't just any regular trip to Walmart, this was the Unofficial Tour de Grande Dame Walmart de Highland Village Texas. This was four fun females arriving in style to the Wonder of Walmarts and we'd be sure to smear some pizza on steering wheel.



But hey, we weren't the ones cleaning it up.

Don't believe me that we had a special reason to visit this particular Walmart? What other Walmart can you buy a $238.87 and a $2.97 bottle of wine all in the same store?



There's even a sushi and olive bar, a bakery with fancy desserts, and automatic lights down the freezer aisles. More on the Tour de Grande Dame of Walmarts later...first this friendly reminder in case you try to do something crazy like steal keys to a 2010 Buick LaCrosse (not that I would ever do something like that):


3 Comments:

the nightingale said...

Love the car. I tried out a vehicle myself.2009 F450 crew cab dually diesel about a week ago. Talk about a smooth ride!!! :)

NitWit1 said...

Is this the so-called largest Wal-Mart in the World?

Screwed Up Texan said...

the nightingale, I keep hearing great reviews on trucks! If you get it, let me know what you think!

NitWit1, Here is more info on the HV Walmart: http://walmartstores.com/FactsNews/NewsRoom/6906.aspx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin