Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fascination


Last night I went out with Argentina from Guatemala and scoured the countryside looking for wild persimmons and prickly pears for my class tomorrow where I'll be teaching a class on jelly making using wild fruits. We had a great adventure and found what we were looking for. More details to come, but for now I thought I'd post the above photograph of a garden orb spider that we found in the blackberry bushes and wild grapevines. That's what I love the most about nature--you never know what you'll happen upon. Whether it's being cautious of the possums, coyotes, chiggers or spiders the end result is always the same--luscious fruits made by nature herself. If this spider can get all the nutrition she needs by what she catches in nature, why not I? And now I am off to buy some sugar.

Fascinating.

0 Comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin