Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Dang Good Chocolate Cake


I just discovered the secret to the most amazing and tantalizing chocoloate cake I have ever made from scratch myself. Look, I ain't going to lie and say I invented this recipe. What I will tell you is that you can find it on the back of your Hershey's Cocoa container. It's the recipe for Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Cake. Nothing beats chocolate in my book, but don't take my word for it--take Hershey's word:

"The natural antioxidants found in tea and certain fruits can also be found in Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa. Enjoy in moderation as part of a healthy diet and active lifestyle."

Now if only I can get that whole moderation thing through my thick skull. Ah nevermind, this is Hershey's we're talkin' about. Keep reading for the recipe...

3 Comments:

Inge' said...

This is by far my favorite chocolate cake! I make it all the time. It is always a hit. I also make the Perfectly Perfect Chocolate Icing to put on it. Yum!!

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

Yep, that's my family's favorite too. Isn't it a weird batter? It doesn't look like it should work, but it does.

Screwed Up Texan said...

Inge' and Mindee, It is good. I agree, it doesnt look like the batter would work, but it totally does! I accidentally overbaked it the first time and ended up with a brownie like cake. Still good!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin