Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, September 28, 2009

Chevy Test Drive and Just One Question



Last week, my husband and I took advantage of an opportunity to test drive several Chevy vehicles sans crowds and screaming kids at the State Fair of Texas the night before it officially opened. Chevy promised us a great time and free food, so truth be told they pretty much had me at turkey legs.



Please don't judge me. Hey, I mean it's not like they served us deep fried butter or anything.

Strangely, I've never seen the Texas State Fair so quiet.



At the Chevy Test Drive, which you can partake of at the State Fair of Texas (runs through October 18th, 2009), The Hubs and I drove the 2010 Chevy Malibu, Traverse, Silverado Hybrid, and a Camaro. A 2010 Equinox was also available to test drive. My favorites were the Malibu and Traverse for practicality reasons as a parent, although I think the Traverse would suit our family the most. My least favorite vehicle was the Silverado Hybrid, because I felt like I was driving a huge remote control monster truck, but perhaps I should relax since my dream is to one day travel the United States in a souped up motor-home. Besides, if Big Tex can drive one, surely a Texan gal like me can learn how:



Don't tell that to the orange cone that I might have hit. But who's really counting, right?



Our favorite vehicle to drive was, of course, the 2010 Camaro. There's something about sitting inside a Camaro that makes me want to grab the wheel and press the pedal to the metal, but, alas, the course didn't allow us drive faster than fifteen miles per hour. I thought about "borrowing" the Camaro to see how fast I really could go, but the Dallas Sheriff a few yards away looked like he could overtake me.



I did let The Hubs take a photograph with my one true love--Bumblebee from Transformers.



On the other hand, I could not get myself to test drive the 2010 Chevy Equinox at this event as I knew in doing so that I wouldn't want to give it up a second time. My husband and I joked to each other that we ought to buy an Equinox and then return it within the 60 Day Satisfaction Guarantee period just for fun.



In the end, just one question remains that I thought I'd get y'all's opinions on: Who do you think Chevy meant by "Hottest Ride" in their State Fair of Texas ad--Big Tex or 2010 Camaro? The World May Never Know.


5 Comments:

Michele said...

I just saw Bumblebee by my work last week and plan on taking my son to get his picture taken !!! He'd be thrilled. He wants to be a Transformer for halloween. haha

NitWit1 said...

I have a Toyota Highlander Hybrid and love it but it expensive. It is a midsized SUV

Karen said...

That looks totally fun! They could have had me at turkey too. :)

Anonymous said...

Ha! as hot as Big Tex may be I think I'd still pick the Camaro, but then I've always been one who likes a fast ride.

Screwed Up Texan said...

Michele, My kids would have totally loved seeing Bumblebee. I've got to take them with me next time.

NitWit1, I like midsized SUV. I think their classier.

Karen, I know the feeling, lol.

Anon, I'm with ya on that one.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin