Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Change


Change is coming--I can feel it in the air. The scents of crisper days--the blessings of drier climes. For most of the past three months, many across this nation have dealt with a cooler summer often feeling like they were gypped out of warmer days while in Texas we have baked to a burned crisp. I often wonder if Texas would have been cooler if I had not cursed this state over at the Cadillac Ranch this summer, but I have a feeling that perhaps it wasn't all my fault.

Hey, I just don't like taking the blame.

The last four days have been refreshing in my neck of the woods--gray clouds, a northeasterly wind, buckets and buckets of rain. It's been a gully washer, but not quite yet a frog strangler. I finally turned my air conditioner off, opened up the windows, and turned on the ceiling fans for the first time since May.

I've made a lot of changes in my life recently as well: I resigned from a much loved volunteer leadership position of four years, took on another volunteer position at church teaching ladies how to be cheap Paula Deens, and sent two kids off to elementary school. At this rate, pretty soon I'll be shaving my legs every day.


So this morning after dropping off my eldest two at school, I paused for a moment in the light drizzle and reflected upon the blushed crepe myrtle flowers that had been shaken from their branches by the falling rain. Soon even the leaves will morph into variant shades of yellow, orange, red, and violet ushering in the magnificence of autumn. I think for the first time in my life I am actually happy to have cooler weather upon us. I don't know if it's because I'm getting older or if it's the result of all this caffeine making my body temperature feel hotter, but one thing I can be certain of is that change is on it's way.

Have you made any changes in your life recently?

7 Comments:

Phoo-D said...

The color of the petals is beautiful! I too am actually anticipating fall this year, although winter is another story...

Mindee said...

That last picture is just terrific Allie. Love it.

I tend to be opposed to change as a rule, but it keeps happening. Make sure you keep us updated on your new volunteer position. I want to learn too!

Auntie Em said...

don't you just love this time of year? I adored your post. This is my favorite time of year!

LeAnn said...

Rainy in Houston, too - and cooler. Lovin' it!

Screwed Up Texan said...

Phoo-D, I am totally with you on that winter thing. About half-way through January I start complaining about the cold.

Mindee, I am teaching my first class this Thursday on canning. There will definitely be a post about it.

Auntie Em, Ah yes! The rain and cooler weather is so welcome after such a horrendously hot summer.

LeAnn, Whoot! Try to stay drier than us. I think y'all usually get it worse than us.

f8hasit said...

Congrats on your decision to shave your legs everyday! Hehehe

I had a card given to me once that had a lady laying on her bed, crying. The caption was: When Sophia found out that Frank had canceled their date, she was most upset about all the time wasted on hair removal.

Love your vibrant photos!
:-)

confessionsofacountrygirl said...

I've made entirely way to many changes in my life and not all of them for the better.

Love your photography! Have a great day!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin