Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I Hope Miss Dallas has a Sense of Humor


Confession: I make daily excuses about why burning 3500 calories to lose one pound of fat is just simply overwhelming thus feeding into my love of bacon grease and donuts.

I met Miss Dallas at WIRED! in Canton, Texas a couple weeks ago. Even though I have mixed feelings over beauty pageants, I must say that Miss Dallas was one of the most delightful women I have ever met. I only mention I dislike beauty pageants, because I know there is someone out there that probably read my whole discourse on why I don't like beauty pageants and I don't want that person to feel like I am selling myself out or anything. Because I would never do that. Unless you tortured me with a donut. The truth is, even though I don't like the contest platform, I never said I don't like the contestants. It is like me and Monopoly: I don't like that game that somehow always ends up taking hours to play, but that doesn't mean I don't like my husband who always manages to beat me at it.

On any note, I sure hope Miss Dallas has a good sense of humor:

(Click to see a larger version. If you don't find this photograph funny, well then someone must have killed your funny-bone. KThnxBye.)


PS: Don't we look like sisters? 

You can also read about Miss Dallas' experience at WIRED!.

12 Comments:

Paulina said...

Haha love this. Photoshop is crazy! I use el cheapo photoshop elements.But if I did have the motherload....I would have the straightest, whitest grin, no wrinkles or pimples and weight 10 lbs lighter!

Haha!

Paulina

Anonymous said...

This cracks me up. I really liked the Monopoly analogy. My son beats me every single time but I love him anyway.... hate the game not the player.

Chef E said...

Ha, I can see the doughnuts dangling...I had my friend touch up my sexy wedding photos I made for hubby...she shaved me down to a shapely thang wrapped up in green fabric...Boudoir whoo ha!

Kelli said...

This is funny! Keepin in mind beauty comes from the inside! But I don't see the difference in the photos? Thanks again!

Kelli said...

This is funny! Keepin in mind beauty comes from the inside! But I don't see the difference in the photos? Thanks again!

Screwed Up Texan said...

Paulina, Truthfully, I use PSE too. Clone Stamp works great :)

Anon, Glad you found it funny--now if you find a way for us to win that game let me know.

Chef E, Isnt PS the best?

Kelli, The biggest change in the photos is my teeth. Check out my two front teeth and then check out the size of the grass in between us. lol :)

tcyarbs said...

I have the utmost respect for you that you even stood next to her for a photo. I don't think I would-photoshop or not! I am glad to hear she was a great lady too-I like to think they aren't all bimbos that are obsessed with appearances.

Screwed Up Texan said...

tcyarbs, The biggest thing that stood out to me was how real and normal Miss Dallas is--definitely a pleasure to interact with.

the nightingale said...

Looking at the pics first, I thought you were related somehow (sisters, maybe?) You girls really look alot alike. (Ain't got nuthin' on ya, dear) :)

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

I really would have thought that was your sister! Yes... I love playing with Photoshop. I've given myself a nose job via Photoshop before. It's fun! Love the new teeth:-) ha!

DangGina said...

Basically, Monopoly is the most boring game ever invented. Therefore, I refuse to play. My time is better spent doing ANYTHING else.

Kelli said...

Ok, now I see it! Thanks for sharing the humor with me! And thanks for the continued kind comments about our meeting. Hope to see you again soon! To many other's disbelief, there are some trully genuine "beauty queens" in this world.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin