Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Connecting with Friends


One of the things I love the most about blogging and social media is being able to get out and meet those that I have met online. A year ago, I would not have dared met an internet buddy in real life. However, through interacting with others online I feel I have built a special bond with some of these internet friends.


Last night, Amy from Living Locurto and a co-founder of I Heart Faces, Antique Mommy, and I got together at a Turkish restaurant for laughs, socialization, and good ole girlfriend fun. Although this was not the first time for me to meet with Amy, it was the first time for me to meet Antique Mommy. What I found is that all three of us share common artistic interests and that each of us enjoy being mothers to young children thus helping to build a bond between us as friends.


So there we were talking amongst ourselves and enjoying each other's company when we realized that time had flown Six hours later I found myself driving down the quiet, black, nearly deserted city streets and I allowed my mind to wonder in sweet, unadulterated silence and poignant delight of interacting with other adults. I think that is what I like the most about blogging--interaction.


Soon I found myself back at home as I dropped my keys on the walkway to my house--too tired to pick them up and yet contented the same to leave them there. I went inside, crawled into bed, and waited for morning to come while saying to myself: Dearly I am blessed with friends, family, and safety--'cause I am not getting those keys til morning.

11 Comments:

DangGina said...

Umm, that food looks AWESOME.

Antique Mommy said...

Fun, fun, fun! Can't wait to do it again. Love your photos. You are so creative.

LL said...

How come all the hot women blog in Texas?

I think I need to move there... now.

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

So your keys were outside all night?? Crazy girl. That was a fun night. Let's do it again real soon:-)

Lorilee said...

Sounds like a blast! I live in Texas, but I don't think it is close enough to join ya'll!
Blessings,
Lorilee

Screwed Up Texan said...

DangGina, the food was great. Those little green caterpillar looking things were stuffed grapeleaves which I thought were weird. The hubs says they're better the second day, but i dont think I believe him.

Antique Mommy, Just remember--we're playing dress-up and seeing how fast we get kicked out next time.

LL, We just cant help ourselves.

Amy, Yes, I am a nut. Ha!

Lorilee, You would have loved it.

kristi said...

Looks fun!! Glad you all had a good time!

cherie said...

I'm just blogging on by and really LOVE your site. I can't wait to stop back again soon!! Great story! My girlfriends and I enjoy wonderful nights out like yours as frequently as possible but it's never frequent enough!

Natalie said...

The few times I've met internet friends in the flesh it has been nothing but wonderful, but you're right it is such a trip! And you wonder what on earth you'll talk about but then you end up talking about EVERYTHING. I'd love to meet up with you, lady, should you ever find a need to come to Idaho! (Nobody ever finds a need to come to Idaho.)

xoxo!!

Screwed Up Texan said...

Kristi, Yes! It was fun!

Cherie, I think Girl Time is the best time!

Natalie, I always find a need to come to Idaho...sand dunes, lava tubes, camping...but that may be on the wrong side of Idaho for you. Ha!

Tricia said...

Sound like you had a wonderful time :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin