Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

We Were the Lucky Ones


When meeting with friends for good times and over dinner, it is essential you request a fun waiter. Lucky for us (or was that lucky for him) we were appointed this guy at the local IHOP in The Colony, Texas.

Mmmm, the tilapia was seasoned to perfection along with its nest of sliced red potatoes.


Hollandaise sauce? Ewwww.

Usually when I go to IHOP, I order a Rooty Tooty Fresh 'N Fruity. Actually, I don't remember the last time I did not order the Rooty Tooty Fresh 'N Fruity as it is almost a tradition for me when I visit this particular restaurant. Stacks of pancakes and sweet breakfast sausage alongside bacon and eggs cooked to order--what more could one ask for?

You want to know the real reason I ordered a Rooty Tooty Fresh 'N Fruity for the first time way back when? I ordered it because Tootie off of The Facts of Life was my icon and a version of her name was in the title of the meal. There. I said it. Please don't judge me.

Of course, ice cold Dr Pepper goes with everything here in Texas.


Just ask Chef E of Food~Wine~Fun--she's a native Texan and joined in on the good times at IHOP. I haven't had this much fun since I pretended I was a rich woman and toured the model homes in Lantana, a master-planned community. Just ask my Friend Who Will Not Be Named that went with me to meet Chef E, since it was her who I sprayed with a shower head inside a walk-in tiled shower in that multi-million dollar home. Good times...


A rare photograph of me...take it in while you can.


I dont know why, but I really like this angle.


Next time you go to IHOP or any other resteraunt for that matter, don't forget to throw a little salt for good luck.


If it works, you may get a crazy spirited waiter like this one. Yep, we were definitely the lucky ones.

16 Comments:

Jennifer said...

Haha, I love this post! Good customer service makes for an even more eventful time at any place!

:D

Michelle Johnson said...

Would you believe I've never eaten at an IHop before. That waiter looks a bit zany but that's much more fun than one who's stuffy. And, it makes your meal all the better with a charismatic waiter/ waitress. I loved The Facts of Life growing up. Interesting how you chose your favorite drink because of one of the characters. Hope all is well. Have a great day.

Terry Poster said...

I have been to a lot of ihops and I love them, but I haven't been fortunate to have a waiter like that. That's awesome. I'll have to get to Texas I guess. lol

Terry

Rena--Museum Educator said...

I love me some IHOP...and I used to always think of Tootie with the Rooty Tooty also! I prefer the Harvest nut and grain pancakes...with a side of every other breakfast item on the menu. Mmmmm...IHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPP...

BTW...never toured anything in Lantana, but found great joy in touching a $4000 dress with my Mrs. Field's cookie hands at a chic boutique at the Galleria in Dallas. It's the little things...

--Rena (the crazy Log Cabin Village Twitter lady)

the nightingale said...

I Love IHOP too. Everyone in our family can get something that we actually want. Great pic of the waiter! :)

Auntie Em said...

You were LUCKY, the last time I went to IHOP (Logan, UT) the waitress DID NOT want to be there and was NOT happy about getting a family with a little kid that wanted to eat the crayons.

Screwed Up Texan said...

Jennifer, I agree! This guy was super fabulously fun!

Michelle, Weird things I do--I know. If you've never been there I definitely recommend ordering that meal. Breakfast is good anytime of the day.

Terry, IHOP is my fave...actually celebrated one of my anniversaries there. Come to think of it, it is also where I hung out after my high school prom. Oh man...

Rena, LOL! Cookie crumbs on a $4000 dress. That is just awesome!

the nightingale, I love it for those reasons too. So much to choose from on the menu!

Foursons said...

Do you have a Chicken Express near you? They serve DP w/real pure cane sugar.

NitWit1 said...

We usually breakfast at IHOP or Shoney's. We are going to be spending 4 days in Springfield MO next week. maybe we'll find an IHOP.

I'm dieting so have to be careful eating out, don't want to regain my 26 lbs I've slowly, painfully lost over the last 6 months.

I wish you had captured the shower episode on film. Would make a good post <:~D )

Screwed Up Texan said...

Foursons, Oooh, I am going to have to check that out! My Friend Who Will Not Be Named went to the DP plant in Dublin and got some DP made with real cane sugar and let me try it. Delish!

NitWit1, Let me know how it goes! Always helps to have a great waiter/tress.

Screwed Up Texan said...

Auntie Em, Helps to have a great waitress--definitely give it another shot!

tiger khan said...

I used to love breakfast at IHOP on Sunday... it was nice

Bill said...

Over in Fort Worth at the Old South Pancake House on University. There was a waitress who all the college guys used to go see. She looked to be in her 50's and would flirt shamelessly with all the frat guys. She would sit in their lap and take your order. She would also insult the heck out of you if you gave her the slightest trouble. Of course we went there constantly to do just that.

Funny Girl said...

I recently found your blog...Love your stuff.

texasholly said...

I was just trying to talk my husband into going to IHOP for dinner. I LOVE breakfast anytime anywhere. Have you been over to Old South Pancake House like Bill suggested? It is a favorite of mine - next to the zoo, log cabin village and the Forest Park Miniture RR.

pk911 said...

your July 5,2009 post is to
funny.u never no about boys do
u. I love the way u tell your life
happening's

Blog Widget by LinkWithin