Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Strawberry Creme Cake


I always requested strawberry cake when my birthday came around each year. When I made the honor roll in elementary school, I used my coupon for strawberry ice cream. My favorite doll--Strawberry Shortcake.

Then I forgot about those red fruits and went on to chocolate.

Then bananas.

Then back to chocolate.

Then somehow this last spring I was shopping at my local grocer and I found two pounds of strawberries for a ridiculous price and I couldn't resist. I bought four pounds of strawberries--cause baby I just can't pass up a good deal. Like that vintage cookbook I found for ten cents. That's right: I tweaked the recipe in my 1963 Good Housekeeping recipe book for Banana Cream Cake to make Strawberry Creme Cake, because nothing beats a homemade baked real strawberry cake. Keep reading...

6 Comments:

Mr Spooky said...

OMG! I almost licked the monitor!!! YUM!

GreenTease said...

Strawberry CREAM Cake! TOOO good to be true!!!

suzanne cabrera said...

Strawberry Shortcake would be proud. Love the icing!

Screwed Up Texan said...

Mr Spooky, Cut that out.

Green Tease, But it is!

Suzanne, That's it. I am finding my Strawberry Shortcake doll right now and showing her this photo. Basically, I think you're right.

Mr Spooky said...

LOL!!!

DangGina said...

BRILLIANT! DangGina hates all things banana, but loves all things strawberry! I'm so gonna try this!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin