Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Lessons at the Lake


We went to the lake Tuesday afternoon as a family since my husband has the night shift this week. I guess I shouldn't have complained about him being gone at night, because at least we get to do some extra things together during the day before he goes to bed in the afternoon. It is rather easy having him gone at night as I sleep through it all while he prepares fields for tournaments. It is almost like there isn't a difference...well except my husband begged me to stop at Big Lots in Lewisville so he could store up on energy drinks.

He bought twenty-four cans of energy drink. This is a lot for the man that tells me to quit drinking my caffeine.

Hmmphf.

Grapevine Lake was absolutely spectacular! The water was just the right temperature for me, the kids and Lily. Even my husband jumped in and played a little. I was really surprised that Lily enjoyed the water as she hates taking a bath. However, there she was jumping in and dog paddling to me and my husband. She totally looked like a wet tailless rat.


Enough making fun of Lily though...my husband put her to work after she decided to dry off on all the clean towels and the picnic blanket. Lily in the end taught us some lessons for some good family fun:


The only thing that would have made the day better would have been tubing on the lake. The last time I went tubing was on Joe's Valley Reservoir in central Utah. Oh what fun it was to ride until I fell off! Well, at least it was better than these guys who had to be towed by another boat.


I'll just keep counting my blessings.

11 Comments:

the nightingale said...

That looks like so much fun! :) You made me jealous of your swimmin' hole. Privacy is great. Love the pics of the dog. :)

Michelle Johnson said...

Looks like Lily was the star of the show today. She's so cute. I'm glad you were able to spend some time out on the lake before it was back to business as usual. Have a nice night.

Foursons said...

Love the farmer's tan picture.

ziptheusa said...

Looks like a wonderful family day. I love your dog! She's adorable and reminds me of the yorkie I had that was my constant companion. Looks like you had the place all to yourselves, what fun.

Darlene said...

Looks like a great way to cool off in this summertime Texas heat!!! I am Loving the Dr Pepper shout out!! heehee can not go without mine either!! hehe

Keep up the great work & God Bless You and yours !!!!

f8hasit said...

Absolutely love the photos...especially the gurad dog for the summer burn/tan!

Thanks for the smile this morning!
:-)

Lorilee said...

Lily is so sweet. I love going to the lake. We are hoping to get the boat out next week.
Blessings,
Lorilee

Screwed Up Texan said...

the nightingale, We are so fortunate to have this little swimming hole all to ourselves. On the weekends when it is busy, we may have to share with one other person, but they can move farther away not to bother us or we let the kids all play together.

Michelle, Lily was the star and thanks for reminding me b/c I forgot to label the post as such! Fixed now :)

Foursons, Me too, lol. :p

ziptheusa, I didnt know you had a Yorkie!

Darlene, Dr Pepper is the bomb! My two favorite cokes to drink here in Texas are Dr Pepper and Big Red. Can't beat those in my opinion.

f8hasit, My poor husband tries so hard to get tan.

Lorilee, I wish I had a boat! That is the one thing I wish we would have invested in here. Guess I'll have to borrow my friends--if they'll let me.

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

Allie, your pictures are always so much fun.

I think Lily needs sunglasses if she's going to sit near your husband! ;)

I married a whitey white boy too. They're so much fun to mock!

AZ Mommy said...

My dad has 2 dogs like your Lily. My Son calls them Princess (her name is heidi) and she (mishka). Anyway they will jump in the pool after him all the time. And when he naps they are right there with him :0)

Screwed Up Texan said...

Mindee, LOL! I bet my local pet store sells sunglasses for dogs. I just may have to do that.

AZ Mommy, Sounds like my dog. She wants to be with me all the time too. Her favorite position is to be cradled like a baby.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin