Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Dizzy with Deliciousness


Wednesday was absolutely divine.

To try to make myself feel more welcome at church, I've decided to put myself "out there" for say and get involved in as many activities and groups as I feel comfortable. I've decided to just be myself and if people like it, then great. If they don't like me, then I've either got to reassess my approach or move on.

One of the activities that I have decided to try--at least for now--is a playgroup and potluck held twice a month in a hostess' home. Honestly, I feel intimidated by other mommies and so this is huge step for me to take. Today's theme was brunch and so I decided to bring along my Creamy Watermelon Pie. My husband tried to make it this time, and although it tasted just as great as how I make it, it did look a little different. Oh well. It's not what is on the outside that matters as much as what is on the inside.


Just like this delicious made-from-scratch cornbread. It didn't matter that it looked like cake as much as it mattered what it tasted like in my mouth. Perfectly sweet and flavorful.


(That baby back there is pretty sweet too. I especially liked it when he dumped his toys in the toilet for the first time while I was there. I just had to smile and laugh a little, because I know this won't be his last time to play in the toilet. I think I am a bad luck charm for kids being mischievous.)

This though. This! Oh my goodness. Lord have mercy!

This.


This was the most delicious, delectably divine dish I have ever laid eyes upon or bathed my tastebuds in! This French Toast concoction was so divine with its butter syrup topping that it had me dizzy with deliciousness. So dizzy in fact that I forgot the name of it. Heck, I didn't even scribble the name of the dish down when I copied the recipe.

Creamy Watermelon Pie. Sweet cornbread. French Toast concoction of some sort. I was on a sugar high all afternoon. Then sometime around five I crashed. That is what you do when you're dizzy, right?

I've never been that intoxicated on sugar in my life. At least that's what I'd like to believe.

9 Comments:

rockurmom shay said...

wow, those dishes look absolutely delicious. Im pregnant and just seeing those pics got me cravin

Inge' said...

sounds like "Company French Toast". Here is the recipe. Hope it's the one this is divine!

Company French Toast
Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
about 12 slices white bread
5 eggs, well beaten
1 1/2 cups milk

Instructions:
Melt butter in 9 x 13 baking pan. Stir in brown sugar & cinnamon. Place bread slices in double layer over sugar mixture. Beat eggs and milk together and pour over bread slices. Cover and let stand in refrigerator overnight. Next morning uncover and bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 45-60 minutes. Cut into squares and invert on plate to serve. Serve with syrup, fresh fruit or x-sugar.

the nightingale said...

:) Sounds good. Got to give it a try sometime. The French toast dish sounds like something easy to make the night before b-fast. Want to try that one!

Chef E said...

Too Too Cute! My hubby would not even attempt to make a pie, lol!

Chef E said...

Too Too Cute! My hubby would not even attempt to make a pie, lol!

DangGina said...

My mom has totally reminded me those words of wisdom "it's what's on the inside that counts" when my apple pies look less than attractive. Meh...

I've tried something like the "French Toast Concoction" before--but we ate it with frozen blueberries and powdered sugar. Yummo!

Foursons said...

Yum! And I love that your husband made the pie. Mine would have argued about any having to carry it.

Screwed Up Texan said...

rockurmom shay, Don't you just love those pregnancy cravings? I dont think I ever lost mine.

Inge', Very similar to the recipe I wrote. Must be the same thing.

the nightingale, I agree. I think I might have this for Sat or Sun morning breakfast.

Chef E, Oh I had to coax him into helping.

DangGina, Blueberries and powdered sugar sound so good!

Foursons, I was pretty lucky. I dont usually ask him to help b/c I get frustrated easily with him trying to change the recipe around. I should probably let go of some of my control though :)

Ann said...

Wow! I am still stuck on the getting along at church part , but if food worked, or just kept everyone mouths full, cool!

Ann ZenaWomen.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin