Screwed Up Texan has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://screweduptexan.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Cracked Black Pepper Beef Sandwiches with Juice


I am constantly on the quest of discovering new and simple meals. As a very busy mother of three small boys and the wife of a very hungry husband, I have to be able to create delicious meals with everyday ingredients. One of the important things for new cooks is to be able to create a dish that is not overwhelming and yet still delectable down to the last bite.

My college roommate, Joy, had to have been the worst cook I have ever known when we were younger. Now she can cook today and can make a mighty scrumptious meal, but when we lived together in the dorms at Ricks College in Idaho she didn't know how to make spaghetti, much less condensed soup in a can. I remember Joy being able to make three things: ramen noodles, mac and cheese from a box, and toast. She was not made out for the cooking dorms to say the least.


Thank goodness Joy is in Spain right now or she might have flown all the way from Nevada to kick my hiney. Just keepin' it real. Keep reading...

2 Comments:

Serendipity Soap Works said...

I don't know if you like vegetable soup, but I like to make mine homemade. I get a huge can of tomatoe juice, 2-3 can of veggies like green beans, corn, and peas, and I also put in ground lean meat, and small pasta noodles. It is easy, tastes really good (I like to eat it with buttered French bread), and we eat leftovers for at least 2 nights. You should try it...especially if you are a busy mom, doing this may take some edge off.

Mik said...

Mmm that beef sammie with juice, love that sort of stuff, but then I make most things into sandwiches, french fries and fish stick sandwiches are awesome.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin